Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hood Piercing

Options
  • 27-02-2005 8:57pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard that this piercing can lead to a loss of sensitivity if you wear it too long?

I've had mine for nearly 4 years, never removed it, and it's fine. Great actually. But recently my boyfriend said he had heard something about the constant stimulation eventually leading to the nerve endings becoming desensitised. I can see the logic behind that but I imagine if this was the case I would have noticed this before now?

Anyone experienced anything like this or have their piercing for the last 15 problem free years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

I have heard this and there is some truth to it. If the hood piercing is placed properly you will be fine, however improper placing can provide somewhat constant stimulation, and your body becomes accustomed to it. Therefore it requires much more stimulation to get the exitement level that before was easier to attain. However removal of the piercing and time will eleviate this. Only improperly placed clit piercings can make you lose sensitivty due to nerve damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

not the hood, its the clit that you can loose sensitivity with not the hood,

but i was warned that getting the clit itself will lose sensitivity after awhile,
    i do though take mine out alot and leave it out for weeks on end. its a nice change when i put it back in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

what? does that give constant stimluation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

not the hood, its the clit that you can loose sensitivity with not the hood,

i got mine done nearly two years ago and its just as good as the day i done it wu hu.

This statement is true, Very little truth behind hood piercing and loss of sensitivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

sometimes if your running for the bus :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

Shrimp wrote:
    what? does that give constant stimluation?

With improper placement it can

Advertisement