Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League standings after end of month tounie.

Options
  • 27-02-2005 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Only 17 runners tonight for double points ! was it the rugby to blame ? ( post ruby drinking more likely). Anyway league now looks like this :

1 karlh2001 38
    2 KeepThePiece 34
    3 vamos 29.5
    4 Imposter1 24
    5 dirkey 21
    6 ManBitesDog 20
    7 John_g83 17
    8 Hectorjelly 16
    9 paler 15
    10 mikemurfie 13
    11 Lirril 12
    12 oscarf 12
    13 Briano 9
    14 Ionapaul 8
    15 Aces_Mike 8
    16 BigSynergy 8
    17 nesf 7
    18 Sfellow 7
    19 Viking_Ire 5
    20 Dr_collosus1 5
    21 Bennythedip 4.5
    22 Larkin Paul 4
    23 Y2JP 4
    24 Culchie 3
    25 Rustyspoon 3
    26 JaimGrymauch 2
    27 geebag 1.5
    28 Hyzepher 1
    29 impr0v 0
    30 Mr Fathead 0
    31 Hantori 0
    32 Dappergent 0
    33 Tourneque 0
    34 kencleary 0
    35 El rifle 0
    36 padraigf 0
    37 Julius Franco 0
    Kencleary joins Dapper as only person out first twice !
    Imposter1 wins bounty choice from:

1: Something in a plastic box
    2: Something made out of plastic
    3: Something silky
    4: Something black

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Tourneque

Yeah... I might've played against the sharks for a tenner .. but certainly not for 20 after that match :p

Great result ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I presume you mean 1.5 times the points?

I'll take something made of plastic. I'll send a PM.

I got some cards last night. I was pretty lucky too in that every time I was in a pot(except the once when DeV was all-in) I won the preflop all-ins. I was pretty happy too that i managed to play and beat some of the better players at their own game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

yeah sorry 50% more points ! Played abysmally myself. Was on tilt from finishing 30th out of 235 in a quailfier for the $500 tournament. 27 got tickets !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

bo!

shortstacked from the start and feck all cards. made a couple of moves and a nice call against Brendan with K10, finding him with K9 and doubling up. Stuck in there by the skin o me teeth for 3rd. great poker session altogether, winning $500 between the tournie and 3 cash game tables i was tupping during it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Was going to mention your comeback, karl, I remember seeing you listed as the second shortest stack at one point during the first hour, a long long way behind the leaders! Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

thanks a lot. it's been weird recently. been playing a good few 2 table $10 buyins on PStars and besides last night, i've come 1st or 2nd in the last 5. always have a short stack and picking moments gets me back into it. seem to do well as a dog for some reason.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sounds like a good game....I was far to drunk to play after the Ireland and Liverpool games.I have missed the last 2/3 so I am looking forward to Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Ok, I think this is correct. Could someone tell me what is it you put in to format it correctly - cause i had it entered all nicely! :D
    				Pld	Pts
    1.	Karlh2001 		6	39
    2.	KeepThePiece 		6	34
    3.	Dirkey 			4	31
    4.	Vamos 			5	29.5
    5.	Imposter1 		7	26
    6.	Mikemurfie		3	21
    7.	ManBitesGod 		5	20
    8.	John_g83 		3	17
    9.	HectorJelly		2	16
    10.	Paler			1	15
    11.	Briano			7	13
    12.	Lirril			3	12
            Oscarf	                  2	     12
                 Dappergent		4	12
    15.	Rustyspoon		3	9
    16.	Ionapaul		4	8
                 Aces_Mike		5	8
                 bigSynergy		4	8
    19.	nesf			2	7
                 JaimGrymauch		5	7
                 Sfellow			3	7
    22.	Culchie			3	6
    23.	Viking_ire		4	5
                 Dr_collosus1		3	5
    25.	Bennythedip		2	4.5
    26.	Larkin Paul		3	4
                 Y2JP			5	4
    28.	Geebag			3	1.5
    29.	Hyzepher		3	1
    30.	Impr0v			2	0
                 Mr. Fathead		2	0
                 Hantori			1	0
                 Tourneque		3	0
                 Kencleary		2	0
    El rifle			1	0
                 Padraigf	                  	2	0
                 Julius Franco		2	0
                 Deuian			1	0
                 Gerire			1	0
                 Eyesonly003		1	0

If you put it in [ code ] tags it should look better.

Does this mean that Dapper's drug test was clear?

Imposter wrote:
    If you put it in [ code ] tags it should look better.

Does this mean that Dapper's drug test was clear?
    Er, am I doing it wrong? I just get it to output the [code]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

[ /code ]
    You might want remove the spaces in the tags

also if you add in numbers for those who are tied and extra spaces after shorter names it should work better.

Ah to hell with it. You can't even use tab in these entry areas. it does the job now, doesn't look totally pretty, but it'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Could a new thread be stickied with only tournament results then an updated league table after each round? This way it makes it easy for all to see that dappergent got lucky on Tuesday....sorry i meant makes it easy to see where we all stand.

Grrr A8 flopped. Lucky Chips Grr. :D

p.s. Not 'dissing' your formating skills dirkey - fair play to ya.

RustySpoon wrote:
    Grrr A8 flopped. Lucky Chips Grr. :D
    And I won't mention my AA against his JT either.

Imposter wrote:
    And I won't mention my AA against his JT either.
    What about my KK versus his AK....both virtually all in heads up....flop rags...turn rag...river A - woohoo!! Oh no, wait. D'oh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Tell you what I will volunteer to keep the league table in order if thats ok with everyone - I get worried when someone thinks they can use tabs in html :) So here you go:-

Boards Online League Table - hosted by SuitedAces.com

Let me know if I need to correct anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Very professional Muso

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Cheers. As a matter of interest do we have hand histories for each tourney? Can I request them myself even now?

musician wrote:
    Cheers. As a matter of interest do we have hand histories for each tourney? Can I request them myself even now?
    All the histories are here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224358

You should be able to request them still too.

Have you thought about how you are going to manage things when people have more than 20 points finishes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I suppose I'm going to have to start playing in this, wouldn't do to have nobody at the table playing 72o or going all-in with 3 to a flush on the flop, or occasionally (ok, very occasionally) actually having the cards he's representing :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Another useful column would be "Has scored from". ie: I've played 5 and scored from 3 I believe. When that reachs 10, I'm going to have to start replacing old (lower) scores with better ones to improve, thats going to be an important stat in the coming months.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Dont want to be a pain musician, but my nick can just be murfie on the table and my tournament name is mikemurfie. It probably makes not difference either way, they are very similar.
    Cheers!

Table looks good by the way! well done!

musician wrote:
    Tell you what I will volunteer to keep the league table in order if thats ok with everyone - I get worried when someone thinks they can use tabs in html :) So here you go:-

Boards Online League Table - hosted by SuitedAces.com

Let me know if I need to correct anything.
    Huh. After all my hard work. And why is our boards table being held at SA? hehe.

Two things I'd nitpick about...my boards name is dirkey_wynne (don't really care tho, as there's only one dirkey) and the second thing is, generally if two/three ppl occupy the same pts total, they are (to use Dapper, LIrril and Oscar) joint 12th. The next person in the table should be 15th, as 12,13,14 are taking by the guys in joint 12th...if ya get me!

Iago wrote:
    I suppose I'm going to have to start playing in this, wouldn't do to have nobody at the table playing 72o or going all-in with 3 to a flush on the flop
    I think we have enough of those type of players!

That league table looks much nicer than mine ! Good job Musician. If you are happey to carry on doing this that will be great. I will keep posting the individual histories for each tournament in the sticky.

I still have a few more bounty prizes to give away in the tournaments, but Fullhousepokerchips.com have kindly donated some goodies for the next few. On Sunday the bounty will be DapperGent ! For a change I will let everyone know what the prize is before the tournament.

I have been a bit behind in my postage, the last two bounties will be shipped tomorrow !

I got the hand history for all the tourneys but of course I didn't win any of them so the history ends on my elimination. Could the winners request hand historys for the tourneys they won and pm them to me. I'm interested enough at the mo to do up some stats etc. if I can get a hold of them.

#5098468 - Lirril
    #5162819 - oscarf
    #5209291 - KeepThePiece
    #5339115 - ManBitesGod
    #5339122 - Vamos
    #5608269 - Imposter1
    #5698987 - DapperGent

I can write something to parse the files and give us something nice and presentable.

Is it the individual hand histories you are after ? You can only request your last 200 at any one time from pokerstars. You can get more if you email support.
    If it is tournament histories, they are all in the sticky at top of page. If you wait until the tournament has finished anyone can request the history using the tournament ID no.

Yeah I might make do with just the results as posted by your good self mike.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    Another useful column would be "Has scored from". ie: I've played 5 and scored from 3 I believe. When that reachs 10, I'm going to have to start replacing old (lower) scores with better ones to improve, thats going to be an important stat in the coming months.

DeV.

Done

Advertisement