Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson V800 Vrs Nokia 6630

Options
  • 28-02-2005 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Which should I go for?

It's this Vodafone 3G promo that I'm sure many have gotton today. The Sony is €69 and the nokia is €29

Any one got any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aikon

The 6630 gets my vote. Been using it for a while now and it works pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

fade2black wrote:
    It's this Vodafone 3G promo that I'm sure many have gotton today. The Sony is €69 and the nokia is €29

What is this promo? Anyone got a link? How much is are the phones on the vodafone extra tariff as I presume these prices are only for the vodafone 3g tariffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I got something in the post about it today so in I popped. Opted for the nokia cause the sound was poor on the sony. 29 bucks, how bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

is the offer open to everyone or just the people who get the yoke in the post?and how long is it on for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

grrrr i NEED the sharp 902...v10?rachG?...when is it coming out!!!its now MARCHish and i still havent heard anyfin definite yet!PLEEEASE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Just for the lucky few who get it in the post Dookie. (I saw lucky but I have no idea how I got mine, my bills are dear enough I guess so that's probably it..usually around 140)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

dookie wrote:
    grrrr i NEED the sharp 902...v10?rachG?...when is it coming out!!!its now MARCHish and i still havent heard anyfin definite yet!PLEEEASE
    We've been told nothing yet, I'm afraid. Checked in my local Vodafone store and thet don't know either.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have both, but have to say I use the V800 a lot more, justy think its a nicer all round phone, looks better, easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Got this in the post as well, I think I'll go with the Nokia as I need a new phone anyway and Im too used to the Nokia keypad system and menus to change now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

V902 will be launched by Vodafone within 2 weeks, possibly late next week.

I'd definitely go for the Sony over the Nokia due to the Nokia's handover between 3G & 2.5, which is almsot non existant.

If you live in an area of poor to medium coverage the Nokia will always go for 3G, and if you try to force it to regular GSM after about after 5 minutes, so no 3G coverage = no coverage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

After looking at the 6630 I dont think its for me, too many features Id never use. How much would I get for it (from people who didnt get the offer) if I decide to buy to sell?

Advertisement