Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagem MYV55 v Siemens c65

Options
  • 28-02-2005 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm about to buy a nice cheap and cheerful phone on vodafone.ie. I can either get the Sagem MYV55 for €79 or the Siemens c65 for €69. I'm not sure which to go for and was wondering if anyone out there had either one of these phones and if they would tell me if they were any good. Have to buy it before midnight tonite, as the offer closes then!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

i just bought the sagem my 55 from vodafone for 79, terrific phone, 80 euros call credit almost means free fone :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Yeah go with the Sagem MYV55, Siemens are a terrible phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well not much point advising them now, they said they had to buy it before the 28th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

RachG wrote:
    Well not much point advising them now, they said they had to buy it before the 28th February.

Good point RachG!!! I actually went with the Siemens in the end! Nice phone I think and I'm actually quite happy with it. Got the 80 squids credit aswell, plus 100 free texts and all that for €59!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

Good point RachG!!! I actually went with the Siemens in the end! Nice phone I think and I'm actually quite happy with it. Got the 80 squids credit aswell, plus 100 free texts and all that for €59!!
    As a matter of fact I had a Sagem myv-55 and the only thing better was the screensize. I sold that phone to a friend and now i've got a Siemen C65, it's much more balanced in yer hand, the Sagem was really top heavy. Also i hated the buttons on it.
    But i have a problem with my c65 i'm trying to figure out and maybe you can help me.
    You know when your phone is ready, it shows by default INTERNET and CAMERA in the corners of teh screen, i think those slots are called "soft keys" in the manual. Well i want to change both and to do so the manual says:

"Soft keys
    Change
    For example, the INTERNET function is assigned to a soft key. To change this (in standby mode):
    INTERNET - press briefly.
    CHANGE - Scroll to new assignment in the list.
    [icon of joystick] - Confirm"

But this doesn't work for me, everytime i press the INTERNET soft key, it opens my browser. Have you been able to change these soft keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

No, I dont think you can change the soft keys on it. Mine are set to Message and Vodafone Live

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

You can change them by default; but the operators request that they be locked to their various money spinning enterprises.

I have the C65 on o2, and it annoys the the hell out of me. I rang Siemens, and they confirmed the above, but would not say whether I could flash the fone using the firmware available on Siemens' own site. Weird I know, but the fact they didnt say no was interesting.

I think its worth buying a datacable to try (not a lot to loose if you wreck the fone!), although if anyone has any alternative suggestions i'd love to hear!

Advertisement