Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which RTS?

Options
  • 28-02-2005 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I'm in an RTS kinda mood today... haven't played one in a while

I'm using a laptop: 1.7G P-M/512/ATi 9700

so which should I go for:

Red-Alert2

or

Rome: Total War

cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Red alert 2 is good for a quick game. Total war is good if you have more time on your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

What kind of rts do you want? one which is fast and explosive...or one that rewards clever tactics on many many many levels (political economic and battlefield)...

F+E = RA 2

tactics = R:TW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Get both, both are fantastic games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

thanks for the reply lads:)

I'm going for RA2!!

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    F+E = RA 2

F+E?

oh and im 50/50 on those two games... theyre in 2 different rts categories methinks. I would have gone for ra2 if i hadnt played it to death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

fast and explosive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea id go with red alert 2 as well! one of my favourite games. it's only 6.99 on sold out range too! bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Red alert 2 was great and all but why not Generals. I thought that was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

For a fast frantic game, go for Dawn of War, twice the game geenrals ever was IMO, and for a good thinkers RTS, cant beat Rome:TW. Best 2 RTS's iin a long while imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

picked up RA2 last night, it's quality alright, also saw
    MedievalTW for cheap but had to resist temptation(rent/food etc... :rolleyes:)

what's dawn of war like? it's not some witches 'n' warlocks 'n'elves affair is it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

No, more characters from warhammer 4000(?). As the question mark would suggest i know almost nothing about warhammer yet immensly enjoy dawn of war. Well worth the money if you have it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Dawn of War is set in the futuristic world of Warhammer 40,000, its homepage can be found here, its a very fast paced RTS, which is mainly infantry based but vehicles play a major role too.

Advertisement