Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark McCabe - Maniac 2000

• 28-02-2005 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

just wondering if anybody knows where i could get my hands on a copy of Mark McCabe - maniac 2000.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Id say Mark McCabe might have a copy somewhere. You could try emailing him from the 2FM website. He might even sign it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Oooohhh, try the bargin bin in Final Vinyl. That song was soooooooooo bad, why would anyone possibly want that now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Could ya not just download it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

i know where u can get a copy for free its that popular where abouts are u i reckon hed pay u to take it of his hands

fletch wrote:
    Could ya not just download it?
    I seriously doubt anyone would have this song available to share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

FX Meister wrote:
    I seriously doubt anyone would have this song available to share
    you mean legally then yeh you're prob right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

dinjo wrote:
    just wondering if anybody knows where i could get my hands on a copy of Mark McCabe - maniac 2000.....

Forgot to ask, for what reason exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

dinjo wrote:

Kill yourself, seriously, do it today.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Loobz wrote:
    Forgot to ask, for what reason exactly?
    Well I think it's so dreadful, such utter "ah begorrah we made a dance tune jaysus" electronic trip that it trascends being bad and becomes hilarious and so-bad-it's-goood.

To that end I actually managed to ehh.. find a copy of the track somewhere and it's now resting on my PC ;)

Or illegally, you need someone to have it shared to download it and I don't think anyone would have that song to share. They did a poll at the time of it's release, 73% of people who bought it were aged 12 and under, 89% didn't have computers and the reamining 11% lived in the country and didn't have a phone line let alone the interweb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ixoy wrote:
    Well I think it's so dreadful, such utter "ah begorrah we made a dance tune jaysus" electronic trip that it trascends being bad and becomes hilarious and so-bad-it's-goood.

To that end I actually managed to ehh.. find a copy of the track somewhere and it's now resting on my PC ;)
    hehe. same here :D

i played 'scatman john - scatman' to irritate my flatmate the other day...
    as dated and cheesy as that song sounds today, its not a patch on the cheese juggernaut that is 'maniac 2000'

I'm downloading scatman john as we speak, I cant wait to hear that again. I'll have to eat my words as well, I've just found Maniac2000 on Bearshare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

So who wants me to click Yes!

:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Shift-delete, tee bee haitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

FX Meister wrote:
    Or illegally, you need someone to have it shared to download it and I don't think anyone would have that song to share. They did a poll at the time of it's release, 73% of people who bought it were aged 12 and under, 89% didn't have computers and the reamining 11% lived in the country and didn't have a phone line let alone the interweb

Erm was it not really big on the dance scene at the time. It was No 1 in Ireland for yonks as well. I've heard worse tbh.

Being number one doesn't mean it's good music. That song with those four Italien fags dancing on the airplane was number one aswell, is that good music? The general public make the charts but the general public, combined as a whole, know very little about music.

FX Meister wrote:
    Being number one doesn't mean it's good music. That song with those four Italien fags dancing on the airplane was number one aswell, is that good music? The general public make the charts but the general public, combined as a whole, know very little about music.

I thought they were Romanian

where ever, italiens don't really make much in the line of good music anyway.

Mauro Picotto?

No Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Heheh, poor Mark. There was a big fiasco at the time when he tried to do an international release - turns out that he couldn't get permission to use the "Maniac" sample. Not that it would have done well outside Ireland or anything... :D

It's interesting that you should bring that up though, he was on the RTE2 show "The Cafe" last week talking about his "planned comeback" and taking questions from guests.

Digging through my CDs for my "limited-edition" signed promo copy of "Maniac 2000", I found his other single that didn't even make general release - "Love is in the Air 2001". I kid you not, he actually did a cover of it...*shudder*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

love is in the air 2001 got to number 4 in the irish charts didnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Christy1

Rite im sorry 2 say i actually have a copy of dis on vinyl if u want it....why u would i do not know but its urs if u do!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

marks mcCabes Maniacs 2000s is a deadly chewan, Ree?!

love is in the air 2001 got to number 4 in the irish charts didnt it?

2 weeks - one at No.9 and one at No.14 before it dropped off the charts.

had to it get to number 9 without going on general release?

I'm only quoting from the charts I found on the web. I never saw it in any shops or even on the radio at the time so I presumed it had never gone on general release, but I'm probably wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jimi_t wrote:
    I'm only quoting from the charts I found on the web. I never saw it in any shops or even on the radio at the time so I presumed it had never gone on general release, but I'm probably wrong.
    i seem to recall seeing it on the "dance" chart of top thirty hits, or whatever the hell that show was called.
    didn't have a video iirc, just some crappy visualisation that the studio had knocked up.
    i also seem to recall it being played at creamfields 2001... god knows by who :confused: (could've imagined that though... didn't know where i was half of the day)

Mark himself actually frequented a bygone clubbing forum that i used to post on. i remember telling him that he deserved to be gang raped by either a herd of gorillas or some escaped mental patients (i forget which it was) for his crimes against music... poor chap took offence and sent me an email from his 2fm address. man i wish i'd kept that email :p

i thought the video was some **** cartoon jobby, dunno though.

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    i seem to recall seeing it on the "dance" chart of top thirty hits, or whatever the hell that show was called.
    didn't have a video iirc, just some crappy visualisation that the studio had knocked up.
    i also seem to recall it being played at creamfields 2001... god knows by who :confused: (could've imagined that though... didn't know where i was half of the day)

Mark himself actually frequented a bygone clubbing forum that i used to post on. i remember telling him that he deserved to be gang raped by either a herd of gorillas or some escaped mental patients (i forget which it was) for his crimes against music... poor chap took offence and sent me an email from his 2fm address. man i wish i'd kept that email :p

I remember seeing him at Creamfields, people were throwing bottles at him, dont recall hearing him play that fooking song though
    I give me meft nut to see that email he sent tman :D

kinkstr wrote:
    I remember seeing him at Creamfields, people were throwing bottles at him, dont recall hearing him play that fooking song though
    I give me meft nut to see that email he sent tman :D

I saw him doing the end of show disco at the Esat Young Scientist '01 and people were throwing "Analog Devices" keyrings at him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭BCB

FX Meister wrote:
    Oooohhh, try the bargin bin in Final Vinyl. That song was soooooooooo bad, why would anyone possibly want that now?

:D:D true what a piece of pish..cheesemeister should be lined up along the wall and ..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

would you believe i actually found maniac 2000 on an old mp3 cd the other day. i was cleaning out my pc cd's and going through them and found that steaming pile of *****, can't even remember why it was on there in the first place!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

FX Meister wrote:

isn't Finyl Vinyl gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

voltamadan wrote:
    isn't Finyl Vinyl gone?
    yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

haha it's funny how hated McC is for that tune

I remember thinking it was a greAT TUNE THOUGH. By Wicked Willie. When I was 12..

:D

give the man a bit of credit for the size of his balls for putting out such a **** tune and getting up in front of **** loads of people and preforming it
    Still a Dick for releasing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Who had that tune out years before McCabe? Was it Dj Kaos or Wicked or some ****.

dj wicked on the mic thats a long time ago

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Whoo I found I brought it to work and am listening to it right now:

Audience Participation time: She said put your hands in the air! Side-to-side like you just don't care! Everybody in the house in the party night, scream it back to me: Oggy oggy oggy! Oi oi oi!

Rock it rock it baby baby, rock it rock it more,
    Rock it rock it baby baby, rock it rock it dancefloor
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1!
    Take this house to maximum!

... How can anyone not love that?! So much cheesy goodness ... mmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

nice troll topic

Lenny wrote:
    nice troll topic

haha, not a patch on your ones anyway lenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smoocher

haha this topic made me laugh...many a nights ive spent boogying on the dancefloor 2 this song.
    i know its terrible and cheesy but my god its catchy.

thanks for bringing this thread back, and im sure you love of that knobhead w@nkstain will make you popular in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

utter minky tripe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

haha, not a patch on your ones anyway lenny!
    Would you stop, i don't know what your talking about

While were on the topic of this, did any yous see him being interview on the id on network 2, he absoloutly hates his song and was saying he doesn't want to be known as a one hit wonder etc and people shouldn't judge him because of his one release of that tune

didnt see him on id but i heard him on 2fm a while back talking about his new album,(this was at least 4-5 months ago) which he was very excited about

Yea he was hampering on about his new album and that it will not be anything like his commerical big hit maniac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

not the worst tune out there tbh, listen to irish clubland for many worse tunes. The song also seems to have a real drunken sing along ladish "Lager lager lager lager shouting" quality to it. ive definatly heard much worse in the local snooker hall with their knacker music think some of them play this lad http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=3495

• Advertisement
Advertisement