Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbies having a friendly game

Options
  • 28-02-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Six of us have decided to have a "friendly" game of poker for just a few quid next Saturday and I was wondering what would be the best way to sort out the money. I dont think this will be a regular event so no point in spending 50 squids on chips or anything.

I was thinking of getting 20 quid from everyone and going down to the bank and getting change for it? Would this be the handiest thing to do, or should I just tell everyone to bring their own change? (This probably won't happen as there are bound to be 1 or 2 of them that brings cash and looks for change from others.

Any advice/ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Chips are the best idea. You can get a cheap plastic set that will do you grand for the night for around €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

careca wrote:
    Chips are the best idea. You can get a cheap plastic set that will do you grand for the night for around €5.
    I'm in the same boat. Where would you get them that cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Or just get out your small change and play ten times face value or something, i.e. you get 2quid for your 20 and keep all other change off the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Also whats the best game to go for (especially for newbies)? Draw poker or Texas Hold 'em or other?

cheers

Advertisement