Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry ruled out of FA Cup game

• 28-02-2005 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

hes out with an achilles injury

which leaves us with only ljunberg fit to play upfront and one of the youngsters like lupoli or quincy to come in and play alongside him

ah if only anthony stokes was to get the callup

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Bare bones stuff!!

"ah if only anthony stokes was to get the callup"

Is that lad Irish?? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

yop wrote:
    "ah if only anthony stokes was to get the callup"

Is that lad Irish?? Any good?
    http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?PLID=43858&CLID=1184&title=Player+profile+-+Anthony+Stokes&nav=Player+Files

Scored 5 goals for the reserves this season, only Lupoli has more. Has more appearances for the Arsenal reserves than anyone else this season (although, was only coming off the bench at the start) and also has 13 appearances for the U18's. Has been playing in midfield the last 3 or 4 games though. Aliadiere is fit btw, started for the reserves last week.

BTW yop, there's a "quote" button there, use it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

yeh i was thinking Aliadiere but according to Soccernet hes still not considered fit enough to play in a first team game since his injury was long term

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Very good, can only be good for him, hope he gets a run now

"BTW yop, there's a "quote" button there, use it. "

Too lazy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Dont mean to be anti-arsenal or anything, but i think its quite amusing. Arsenal this season have had quite a good disciplinary record (against the stereotype), but its purely lack of discipline that has caused this current crisis.

Bergkamp sent off against Sheffield Utd.
    Reyes banned after Sheffield Utd game.
    Van Persie sent off against Southampton.

Its just unlucky that Henry chose this time to get injured, though i find it quite ironic. At least one thing it might do, is give some more youngsters a chance. Heard a lot about Lupoli and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie. Freddie isnt a striker though and Alliadiere is just coming back from a cruciate injury, so we might see them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

I reckon Wenger would put Quincy ahead of Lupoli for a game like this, he's older, quicker and probably more suited to a physical game like tonight.

Having said that, Lupoli's 19 goals in 20 lower-level games this season is damn impressive.

Stokes came off the bench to score 2 goals for Arsenal's reserves tonight, they lost 3-2 (Graham Barrett scored 2 for Coventry). Lupoli and Aliadiere started up front for Arsenal. Stokes first goal was a peno. His second, he ran with the ball from a kick off, beat two players and scored. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    Stokes came off the bench to score 2 goals for Arsenal's reserves tonight, they lost 3-2 (Graham Barrett scored 2 for Coventry). Lupoli and Aliadiere started up front for Arsenal. Stokes first goal was a peno. His second, he ran with the ball from a kick off, beat two players and scored. :)
    You mean to say Lupoli didn't score for once? :(

You mean to say Lupoli didn't score for once? :(
    Stokes is catching up with him, only 5 goals behind. :) Stokes did play a lot in midfield recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Arrrgh No Henry bugger !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gandalf wrote:
    Arrrgh No Henry bugger !

haha, this was for the sheff united match. hes fit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS you B$$%**Ds nearly gave me a heartattack, I work in one of the few companies in Ireland where theres a Bolton Supporter we are already slagging the crap out of each other over this match. When I thought Henry was out I was just imagining the grief I would be getting from him on Monday !!!

eirebhoy wrote:
    Stokes is catching up with him, only 5 goals behind. :) Stokes did play a lot in midfield recently.
    He scored a penalty again today for the reserves, while Lupoli got another brace. That's 21 goals in 24 reserve & youth games now for the Italian, he's going to absolutely phenomenal :D

He scored a penalty again today for the reserves, while Lupoli got another brace. That's 21 goals in 24 reserve & youth games now for the Italian, he's going to absolutely phenomenal :D
    He played in his best position up front for the first time in a while.
    With half time fast approaching Stokes staked a claim for a regular spot up front with a sublime turn and shot. With his back to goal he flicked the ball up, lifted it over his own head, span round his marker and sent a first time volley crashing against the upright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's good to see striking talents emerge at the top clubs now.
    Man Utd have never been able to produce a striker from the youth team and now they are, Arsenal so far have produced some quality midfielders, but no fowards yet. Lupoli and Rossi should change that.
    That said, its bad that they aren't local lads, but what can ya do.
    Liverpool seems to produce quality strikers. Owen, Fowler, Rooney all come to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Liverpool seems to produce quality strikers. Owen, Fowler, Rooney all come to mind.

I hope u mean Liverpool City otherwise your just dumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

odd, for some reason I thought Rooney played for Liverpool.

Advertisement