Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenCV Function help

Options
  • 28-02-2005 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience wit OpenCV? I'm trying to use a few of the functions and am getting the same error. The functions i'm using are cvCalcCovarMatrix and cvImgToObjDCT.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Mikros

I have some experiance with openCV.

If you could post up what errors your getting I might be able to help you with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cathy_e

Hi,

Thanks for your reply:

My code is compiling fine and executing. When i get to the covarMatrixEx function in the code i get the following error as the exe crashes in a MS window on my screen:

In function: cvCalcCovarMatrixEx():
    Unsupported format
    Input image depth not supported by function

I'm not too sure what it means, I'm fairly new to OpenCV. If it helps i could send you my code. It basically plays an avi file and puts each frame into an array to pass to the covar matrix function.
    Any ideas you have would be great.

Thanks,
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Mikros

Without seeing some of your code it's difficult to tell you exactly what’s wrong. Feel free to post some of it up or send it to me via PM. I cant guarantee I can help but I'll give it a look.

It does sounds like one (or some) of the parameters your passing into the cvCalcCovarMatrixEx is the problem, possibly the void* input parameter. Are you sure your passing in valid parameters?

The error you described is usually thrown when the IplImage struct has a bad pixel depth field, which shouldn't happen if it’s properly initialised.

Hope that will give you some idea where to look.

Advertisement