Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who we believe are secretly gay

• 28-02-2005 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Let's let the cat out of the bag here:...

Bert (from Bert & Ernie)

Starscream

The commissioner from Inspector Gadget

Banana man

... any more?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Take that back! Ernie and Bert are not gay, they just share the same bed.

Big Bird is the queer* in the neighbourhood.

(Not that there's anything wrong with being a 10' tall talking yellow gay bird though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

carpocrates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Well I'd have to go for...

Barney

and

Ciaran Coughlan (private joke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

KIT in knight rider, what's with that camp voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

that speckled red and yellow thing with a red mohawk in "super ted " anyone remember that really really gay voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

big gay al
    and dale winton

or am i missing the point?

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

R2D2 and CP30 (the robots from Star Wars)

Noddy and Big Ears

I could mention examples from real life, but laws of libel, etc

Oh what the hell - Robbie Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think George Nichael is just going through a phase of "experimentation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Stekelly wrote:
    I think George Nichael is just going through a phase of "experimentation. :)

Maybe there should be a thread for people we think are just pretending to be gay. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Jodie Foster (or has she come out yet?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

All of the teletubbies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

hitler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

smithers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There is some speculation that Graham Norton may be Gay but don't quote me on that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

fragile wrote:
    All of the teletubbies
    Just the purple one with the handbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

-kevin spacey

i dont see this thread lasting long..Hmm. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

shane0312 wrote:
    Well I'd have to go for...

Barney

and

Ciaran Coughlan (private joke)

thought you might be referring to a person I was empoyed by there for a moment.....think not though!

Barney's not Gay...

* posted something had problems deleting * reason for strange posting so decied to edit instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Flanders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

weedhead wrote:
    that speckled red and yellow thing with a red mohawk in "super ted " anyone remember that really really gay voice
    Spotty iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

R2D2 and CP30 (the robots from Star Wars)
    As opposed to the R2D2 and C3P0 in Brides-head Revisited....

Oh... and apparently one of the special features that Scientology claims to offer is a cure for homosexuality... you can draw your own conclusions from that...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh... and apparently one of the special features that Scientology claims to offer is a cure for homosexuality... you can draw your own conclusions from that...
    *nods* It "cures" many character flaws - isn't it wonderful? (Although Hubbard is a right smart bollocks for conning so many people out of their milions). Bringing it back a little to movies, John Travolta, when working on "BASIC" (I think) had to have a new Gucci shirt each day of filming because his Scientology background prohibited him from wearing anything dryed chemically (or synethically) which the wardrobe department would have done normally in order to have it ready on time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ixoy wrote:
    *nods* It "cures" many character flaws - isn't it wonderful? (Although Hubbard is a right smart bollocks for conning so many people out of their milions). Bringing it back a little to movies, John Travolta, when working on "BASIC" (I think) had to have a new Gucci shirt each day of filming because his Scientology background prohibited him from wearing anything dryed chemically (or synethically) which the wardrobe department would have done normally in order to have it ready on time...

The trouble with scientology is that it is still based in 1950's pop psychology. It's never moved on with the times.

Also I believe they tape record all their sessions... so it is probably difficult for certain movie stars to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

shane0312 wrote:
    Barney
    Not gay. Only a het would mix purple and green that way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The trouble with scientology is that it is still based in 1950's pop psychology. It's never moved on with the times.

Also I believe they tape record all their sessions... so it is probably difficult for certain movie stars to leave.

Aren't we talking about the "religion" that believes that psychological defects are due to the presence of some sort of alien in the psyche, and that only constantly going over relevant memories until one is inured to them (or, as is more likely, has a total breakdown) will vanquish the alien? Between that and the thousands-of-years-old Prince Xanu, I have to credit Hubbard with at least making religious beliefs entertaining. Deranged, maybe, but funny to read.

Back onto gay characters - that bravestar chappie from the cartoon. There was something a bit weird about him, just wandering the desert turning into animals and having his horse as his only companion...."companion" being the relevant word methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Robbie Williams

Simon Cowell

That guy who got married to Jessica Simpson. Nick something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

McGuyver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭A.S.H.

Fysh wrote:
    that bravestar chappie from the cartoon. There was something a bit weird about him, just wandering the desert turning into animals and having his horse as his only companion...."companion" being the relevant word methinks.

Well that doesn't mean that he was gay, it could be a beastiality thing

oh and either Patty or Selma I think

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm surprised noone mentioned He-Man - it was even the central point of the He-Man segment on the Top 100 cartoons (He-Man was accompanied by the Village People's YMCA song).

• Advertisement

He-man was NOT gay ok?

Only a really twisted individual could think that a bunch of characters with names such as ...

Fisto
    Trapjaw
    RamMan
    Stinkor
    Whiplash
    Mantenna
    Beastman
    Rokkon
    TungLashor
    Dragstor
    Tytus
    RioBlast
    Extendar

... could have some sort of homosexual undercurrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭A.S.H.

ixoy wrote:
    I'm surprised noone mentioned He-Man - it was even the central point of the He-Man segment on the Top 100 cartoons

Yes but the thread is about people who are secretly gay as opposed to the quite proud prince Adam and chums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Retr0gamer wrote:
    McGuyver
    You take that back you! :mad: :mad: :mad: <shakes fist>

Fred from Scooby Doo. Oh and Scrappy Doo too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

The Hoff tbh

Kylie Minogue

Amy (the A-Team)

Higgins (Magnum PI)

Cliff Claven (Cheers)

Devon Miles (Knight Rider)

Gloria (MASK)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Talliesin wrote:
    Not gay. Only a het would mix purple and green that way.

I agree with the puny human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Donald Duck!

C'mon - somebody must've seen Robin Williams at the Oscar's?!? He was so right...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Fred Elliot from Corrie, defo !!!!! , I say defo !!!!!

I think old Foghorn Leghorn there is out of the closet anyway isn't he? The guy who played him was certainly as gay as xmas when he was in Clockwork Orange.

Advertisement