Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor: New Phone/Old Sim Credit?

Options
  • 28-02-2005 7:07pm

I've just bought an old Meteor sim with free texts and am currently looking at their offer of €80 for the 3100 with €80 credit. Will i have to use the €80 credit on the new sim card or can it be put onto the old one?

Can i put the €80 credit onto an old sim basically?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

not the way you mean.

the credit os preloaded on the sim.

you can upgrade to a new phone and theyll give youe extra credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

To upgrade with Meteor you have to:

* Have spent at least €240.
    * Be registered with Meteor - you got a change of ownership form with the SIM right?
    * Not have recieved an upgrade in the last 5 months.
    * Not be on a phased credit offer (e.g. free SIM with 10*€10 monthly free credit)
    * Be an active Meteor customer.

If you log onto My Meteor or ring 1905 they'll tell you if you're eligible for an upgrade. If you are then you buy a new phone (at full price I believe) but as well as the basic €80 credit that comes with all new phones you will get more depending on how much has been spent on the SIM etc. If you have any more questions just ask here or ring 1905 - I find them really helpful.

*** I don't work for Meteor, just a reasonably pleased customer. ***

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

if you buy a new phone you have to use the first 20 euro of the new sim in the new phone. the rest is up to you. if you don't do this the sim will be deactivated or something and you will have to call meteor to sort the problem. they'll just tell you what i have done here.

i am using older sim in newer phone and have no problems

Bob wrote:
    To upgrade with Meteor you have to:

* Have spent at least €240.
    * Be registered with Meteor - you got a change of ownership form with the SIM right?
    * Not have recieved an upgrade in the last 5 months.
    * Not be on a phased credit offer (e.g. free SIM with 10*€10 monthly free credit)
    * Be an active Meteor customer.

If you log onto My Meteor or ring 1905 they'll tell you if you're eligible for an upgrade. If you are then you buy a new phone (at full price I believe) but as well as the basic €80 credit that comes with all new phones you will get more depending on how much has been spent on the SIM etc. If you have any more questions just ask here or ring 1905 - I find them really helpful.

*** I don't work for Meteor, just a reasonably pleased customer. ***

Nope :(

i'll need to sort that out, cheers for the help guys, looks like i'll just have to use the credit on the new sim and then revert to the old one with free texts.

Advertisement