Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options
  • 28-02-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Well we are all frantic in doing our mock exams. I for one had my exams finished a week before the break, soi got two weeks off. Started to get my results back

First was Geography. 70% B1 75 points: I was thrilled and was very proud to get this good a mark, it is a really good sign, some slight mistakes on my writing but if i brush up on me topics ill get an A.

Economics 42% C3 45 points: Sounds kinda lousey, but compared to pass level its a b1, which i find amazing. I think tbh my economics teacher is rubbish, she is constantly going over and over stuff we did last year, alot of stuff cmae up I didnt know, and my class felt the same, a poor result but i can majorly improve on.

My DCU course requires 300 points, so 120 after 2 is great, so only 180 to get in last 4, i hope for the best, cause my girlfriend says she wil lgive me a "special" present if i get over 300.

So post your results when you get em and see if my thread on sharing mock exams helped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Maths A1
    Applied Maths A1
    Tech Drawing A1
    Physics B2
    English D1
    French D2

All higher total of 485 points, I'm pretty pleased still I'm gonna have to watch that I don't fail French.... and try and bring English and French up to C's. Hoping to get physics up to an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'll have two waiting for me tomorrow and i ain't looking forward to them

maths (ord)
    biology

i'll post up what i get when i get them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well done man they are some nice results. A in honours maths. thats the hardest test in the exam to be honest, well done.

Well actually I find Maths kinda easy, but I'm terrible at languages probably cos I couldn't be bothered with learning the stuff. Good luck with the rest of your results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Don't have everything yet but I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far:

English (H) - 71% - B3 (this was what I was really disappointed with coz I was quite proud of my paper. I've officially given up on English to focus on my other subjects now...)
    Maths (H) - 89% - A2
    Biology (H) - I don't know my exact grade because there was a massive problem with the standard of correction and they all had to be sent back. My teacher said she looked through it and its an A1 though.
    Chemistry (H) - 92% - A1 (Almost DIED today when I saw this, couldn't believe my luck)
    German (H) - 88% - A2 (Really gotta work on my oral, its what brought me down)

I think I can bring those up to A1s with enough work and get my course, provided I ignore English for a while. Need 580 though so fingers crossed for me!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Well done Caoimhe! Those are brilliant results for the mocks, I'd say you'll almost definitely gets your A1s in Maths and German in the Leaving Cert. What course are you going for that you need 580, Medicine or something?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Caoimhe wrote:
    Don't have everything yet but I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far:

English (H) - 71% - B3 (this was what I was really disappointed with coz I was quite proud of my paper. I've officially given up on English to focus on my other subjects now...)
    Maths (H) - 89% - A2
    Biology (H) - I don't know my exact grade because there was a massive problem with the standard of correction and they all had to be sent back. My teacher said she looked through it and its an A1 though.
    Chemistry (H) - 92% - A1 (Almost DIED today when I saw this, couldn't believe my luck)
    German (H) - 88% - A2 (Really gotta work on my oral, its what brought me down)

I think I can bring those up to A1s with enough work and get my course, provided I ignore English for a while. Need 580 though so fingers crossed for me!

Congratulations! When did ye do your pres? Got results fairly quick!

Didnt get mine yet, finished my Pres on Thursday!

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

Just have english back now and I got a C3. Happy enough with it!

Well done on your results Caoimhe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

We've sent ours away.Does anyone know how long they take to get back?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

About two weeks maybe. TBH I have just been messing round with no study this week, ive lost the plot a bit, some bad meults really kicked me in the nether region. =(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

They took our school about a week and a half but we started ours on the 20 of Jan so id say they had no others to correct at that time because there is only one school gay enough to start mocks that early.

Dont think ill share my results theyre **** thank god its only the mocks. Well done to everybody that did well but 1 word of warning i have heard peoples stories of good results in the mocks turn into disaster stories for the leavin so be careful dont get too cocky.

I'm taking a few days off the study now.I'll start again on monday.I'm exhausted!

I'm taking a few days off the study now.I'll start again on monday.I'm exhausted!

ye do everybody needs a break

ye do everybody needs a break

:p damn straight!I'm gonna sleep aaaaaaaaaaall day and get up when the sun goes down and watch horrors aaaaaaaaaaall night! :cool:

TBH I have just been messing round with no study this week, ive lost the plot a bit

Me too, I just can't be bothered with doing any work, I'm so fed up with school now, it's depressing that the next exams coming are the leaving certs. :(

sounds like fun best of luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Jesus christ - it just struck me this morning as I was walking into school and talking to a friend...

"This is my last mock! Then the leaving cert but that's a whole...12...weeks...away. Oh God."

So my relief is...kinda tainted I suppose by this. Does anyone else feel the same? I didn't realise it was so close - only around 9/10 weeks of school left - oh yeah/oh no!

I'll post the results here as I get 'em (hah, after all my whining about people sharing history mocks - I'm sure somebody will find great justice in the fact that I screwed up my history mock quite badly. Bah.)

Best of luck to anyone who's still working away though...

EDIT: Well done Caoimhe. Awesome results - just, as you know (you clever person :P!) - complacency is the keyword now. Avoid it like the plague - you're well on your way to 580 with results like that though!

NoelRock wrote:
    Jesus christ - it just struck me this morning as I was walking into school and talking to a friend...

"This is my last mock! Then the leaving cert but that's a whole...12...weeks...away. Oh God."

So my relief is...kinda tainted I suppose by this. Does anyone else feel the same? I didn't realise it was so close - only around 9/10 weeks of school left - oh yeah/oh no!

Yep and the orals are in about 6 weeks it's actually really really scary, oh what I'd give to be in 4th yr (or 5th) again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

:) Ye are all so nice! Did my mocks before the midterm, started on 31st of Jan (hence missing Green Day *shakes fist*) but not all of them are back, the correcting takes ages in some (Geography and Higher Irish are taking forever)
    Yeah Ailbhe, Medicine in Trinity... Little scared by the hugeness of the points but I'm gonna do my best. Can't bloody concentrate though, midterm made me lazy as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

****ing hell Caoimhe. ****ing hell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well this is what I got today;

Maths (O) 46% - twas a tough paper, happy with the result.
    Computers (H) 72% - Brilliant, but would like to do better.

Thats it so far!

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 punky bruster

Oh my god caoimhe-WELL DONE!!!
    Wish i could do that,i really gotta cop myself on, I only got maths back so far and i failed it. I wanna get 560 points4 physio,oh lord help me. I just got so pissed of with the maths paper in the exam but of corse as soon as it was finished, it all came flooding back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Right lads

Eng: B3
    Irish (ord) : B2
    Math: B2
    Physics: A1
    French: C2
    Chem: B1
    Applied Maths: A2

Total of 495. Bam bam bam.
    That means I'm happy

Zukustious wrote:
    Right lads

Eng: B3
    Irish (ord) : B2
    Math: B2
    Physics: A1
    French: C2
    Chem: B1
    Applied Maths: A2

Total of 495. Bam bam bam.
    That means I'm happy

Wow I'm impressed, A1 in Physics well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Thank you very much

Hi this is probably going to sound really stupid to some of ye but what is applied maths? We dont do that subject in our school!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

465 overall. Christmas was 495 but only for stuff covered in 6th year.
    German -85%
    English - 72%
    Maths - 58%
    Physics - 70%
    App. Math - 63%
    Accounting - 58%
    Business - 68%
    Irish - 85%
    All higher.
    Very dissapointed with Business and Accounting as I have been averaging at least B2's in both all along. Should pick up by June, need 510 to be safe. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Punky Bruster, Applied Maths is kind of the Maths part of Physics in a bit more detail. It's not abstract like some sections of normal Maths, it's all directly related to real life. You study things like forces and momentum and circular motion. It's more interesting than normal Maths. Perhaps someone else could explain it better though, you're probably still super confused!

Thanks a mill fishie, no i aint really confused anymore just wanted a brief description,so thanks a milllion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

wow. I need to work.

Advertisement