Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

You'll definitely go up the 60 for the scholarship. Arts in UCD? Work on maths, learn your proofs and do exam questions until you're blue in the face. Physics too. Know your experiments, learn the diagrams and work from there. It's not the worst subject in the world.
    Yep, t'is arts in UCD. Well, Comp Sci through arts.
    Thanks for the advice. You're definitely right about the maths and I'm just gonna go and do loads of past papers to get my stuff up a grade (or two). I'm quite happy with the physics though considering I failed at Christmas. Quite an improvement I think. It also bodes well for getting it up another grade for the actual Leaving Cert if I can make a 43% improvement in a few months.
    Cheers for the words of confidence Kirby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

im taking 8 hl subjects, only 6 back so far.

maths a1 - 100
    physics b1 - 85
    french a2 - 90
    english b3 - 75
    geography b3 - 75
    irish b2 - 80

im gunning for architecture (530) in ucd followed by dit (576 including interview) and then the structural/arch in ucd, (495 i think) so 505 in mid march (with only a week's revision during the midterm) cant be too bad for any of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Maths A1 - 96
    Applied Maths A1 - 95
    Physics A2 - 86
    English A2 - 89
    Chemistry B1 - 82
    German C3 - 63
    So total points is 530 and my course is vacant places so yipee i think i'm sorted :D Bring on the complacency hehe

All Honours except for Irish which is pass and a C1

D-Generate wrote:
    Applied Maths A1 - 95

Wow good job on the AM. I've never got higher than a B1 on that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ok, I'm starting to freak out because I didn't do that great really in my mocks, I did fcuk all study for them, but people are saying that you can only really go up by about 20 points between the mocks and the Leaving. Help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Fishie wrote:
    people are saying that you can only really go up by about 20 points between the mocks and the Leaving. Help?

One of my mates last year got 80 points in the mocks and ended up geting 330 in the real thing. You just goto kick yourself up the backside and get down to work. Its not about how brainy you are anybody can get 375+ by just sitting down and learning stuff off or by practicing questions over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

im fairly scared as well i failed maths ord level @ 28% which shocked me and failed higher economics by half a % which really annoyed me but has made me determined to get high marks in it in june i got c3's in maths n irish which i was happy enough with and a disapointing c1 in english rest are still to come back so over all i need to do some serious work. well done to all those who got on really well i was aimin for around 300 points but i douth it will happen at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 **katie**

TimAy wrote:
    wow. I need to work.
    God I know what you mean. I just need a kick in the arse and reading this has kinda helped me! Am "capable of doing very well" and have "great potential" but that's about it. Did absolutely no study in fifth year and have myself convinced that it's too late to start now.
    Here are my mock results:
    English: 69 (ONE % from a B.... :mad: )
    Irish: 48 (refused to learn crappy literature for P2)
    Maths(o): 74
    German: 68
    Economics: 49 (and apparently they were marked easy!)
    Business: 48 (was v. dissapointed as usually do well in business)
    History: 40 (was delighted cos only answered 2 and a half questions)

So a total of 350 i think. Need 395 for Marketing with German in DIT, should be able to get it so that's another reason why I'm not so pushed to give it my all. Anyone else feeling the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Did you know, you dont need bussines to do any 3rd level course in the whole of ireland.. so I hear. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

got all mine bak before the easter apart from german, got 425 in total but need 455 in leaving for primary teaching but aiming higher
    english(H): 78%
    irish(h): 66%
    maths(o): 92%
    german:???
    geog(h): 69% but teacher reckons ill get A in june
    bio(h):81%
    chem(h): 60%

well done caoimhe WOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

maths(o): 92%
    Why in the world according to garp are you NOT doing honours maths? It's not *that* hard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

i had been doin honours maths up until june n nly ever got 76% in differentiation n intergration in a class test n the rest i was gettin d's, n didn want to waste the whole year tryin to learn maths n get high in pass doin nothing!! proved myself rite, 92% without opening a book...no joke! honours maths is rocket science!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

what are ye all planning on doing?? It seems like everyone got 500+ !! :eek:
    Im hoping to study law, fingers crossed for the points though,
    Well done on all ur results-we're nearly there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

is it too late to start studying? 405 in the mocks without studying..... **** I'm screwed. Wanna do arts in UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

No it's never too late! You can do soo much between now and June. I thought 405 was enough for arts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

We finally got ours back after doing the pres how many weeks ago!!
    English C3 60
    Economics C3 60
    Irish C2 65
    French B3 75
    Ag Science B1 85
    Biology B2 80
    Maths pass B2 40

So overall from my six best ive 425. Feckin delighted seeing as i hardly did anything for the pres. But a different story id say for the real thing somehow i think!!

Advertisement