Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Newbie

Options
  • 28-02-2005 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice for my son - he got his results today and will be joining you all in the summer (God love yez!)

I've been following your thread on the 2005 courses and it looks like he'll have a great time. Wish I could be going to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh Cool, what session will he be going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

He won't be joining me...

Grumble grumble...nevermore...stupid rule about being 16...only got one year...grumble grumble...

aha Colm, do not begrudge us! i will be there, i'll take him under my wing, that's if he's at session 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I never said I wouldn't be there...
    Just not in a CTYI capacity...
    Might just avail of DCU's open campus and nearness to my house...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

you'll be like the wierd older guy trying to be cool by hanging around with all the younger kids!

can i come too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

ColHol wrote:
    you'll be like the wierd older guy trying to be cool by hanging around with all the younger kids!

Is someone usurping me!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. He's going to get corrupted but good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

All Nevermores can live in my room. I reckon I can fit about twenty... Come one come all!

And I'll take anyone she can't fit. With the mess I reckon it'll be five at most. :p :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

you can hid them IN the mess, seriously, with the ussual two foot layer of crud on the floor who's gonna notice a few extra bumps?

• Advertisement

It's not that bad... Believe it or not my room at home is ridiculously tidy. Not my doing of course but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Can i steal that childs body for the three weeks or at least male the RAs think I'm him.

Btw do you think the lady knows that nerd camp is a hormone fuelled love fest

Quiet Matthew! If she hears that she won't send him and I want to corrupt him! :p In retrospect that sounds a bit... odd, but anyone who knows me will get my meaning. Anyone who doesn't... well, there aren't as many of them at this stage. :)

Lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I really hope she hasn't read... any of the other threads at all or she'll be having second thoughts. And probably third and fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The latter thoughts probably dedicated to alerting the authorities and trying to get our establishment closed down forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

wait, Matt, you're not coming back???

But if people who want to learn Irish can do it why not nerds?

I'll be 17 in 2 months so no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ColHol wrote:

can i come too?
    Someones replacing james connolly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

crash_000 wrote:
    Someones replacing james connolly?

*falls over*
    *laughs*
    *forgets to breathe*
    *dies*

oh wow that was a good one niall

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Caoimhe wrote:
    I really hope she hasn't read... any of the other threads at all or she'll be having second thoughts. And probably third and fourth.

I've read quite a few of your threads - and while I know my son will be a different person when he comes home, I reckon the 'exposure' to you lot will be very good for him! There's not a lot for him to do down here as we live 6 miles from a town and all his school friends live miles outside in the other direction.

Because he's been in the junior CTYI, when I discovered the boards last year this forum grabbed my attention big-time as I knew he'd be getting involved at some stage. As long as he comes home having made lots of friends, and without a drug-habit or a paternity suit hanging over him, I'll be happy. You lot are all so lucky to have the opportunity to stretch yourselves - basically, I'm jealous!

I plan to be up in Dublin some of the time anyway, and might drop in to check you aren't corrupting him too much. My dad lives 10 mins drive from DCU, and a trip to the Helix might be nice in June. :D

Anyone here do the Marine Biology course before?

As long as he comes home without a drug-habit or a paternity suit hanging over him

Don't get your hopes up on the second one! :p

lol

I've read quite a few of your threads - and while I know my son will be a different person when he comes home, I reckon the 'exposure' to you lot will be very good for him! There's not a lot for him to do down here as we live 6 miles from a town and all his school friends live miles outside in the other direction.

Because he's been in the junior CTYI, when I discovered the boards last year this forum grabbed my attention big-time as I knew he'd be getting involved at some stage. As long as he comes home having made lots of friends, and without a drug-habit or a paternity suit hanging over him, I'll be happy. You lot are all so lucky to have the opportunity to stretch yourselves - basically, I'm jealous!

I plan to be up in Dublin some of the time anyway, and might drop in to check you aren't corrupting him too much. My dad lives 10 mins drive from DCU, and a trip to the Helix might be nice in June. :D

Anyone here do the Marine Biology course before?

no offence, but this is a bad idea, lowers his "street cred" amongst the fellow nerds.

Leave him be, you can always ring him, total immersion in campus life is one of the things that makes CTYI great.

no offence, but this is a bad idea, lowers his "street cred" amongst the fellow nerds.

Leave him be, you can always ring him, total immersion in campus life is one of the things that makes CTYI great.

I guess so. Forget sometimes what it's like being 14. :rolleyes:

Besides, you can see how well we've corrupted him at the end of it all! :p

Besides, you can see how well we've corrupted him at the end of it all! :p

You're beginning to make me a little bit nervous...think I'll get him to read your threads and prepare him better for the temptations of campus life!

It's what I do best. :D Don't worry though. I'm perfectly harmless in reality. Anything you read has to be filtered before you even get near the truth. It's not as... corruptive... as it sounds.

• Advertisement

Just make sure he's not short. They have a tendency of getting thrown around!

Advertisement