Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you Male or Female

• 28-02-2005 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

I have always wondered if the people on this forum were male/female, so just a little poll to see how the water lies

Male your Female 17 votes

Female
    0% 0 votes
    Male
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Im Male ;) *ladies*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Don't see the point in this topicc, but I voted anyway.

Anyone wanna guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I for some reason seem to already know what most of you are.

And I'm not a stalker, believe it or not.

I just wanted to know how to conduct myself around certin members in this forum you know good maners and all

Jboyle4eva your male

Purplefistmixer is female (i think, dont kill me Mr man)

Am i right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I'm female. You can kind of tell what everyone is just from their use of language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I think me and purplefistmixer are the only girls in the JC forum, except my friends flashling and Spenguin post occasionally and they're girls too. The majority is guys. (here at least, i don't know about on the whole of boards)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yeah i tought of that too, but seamus would be down on me in a minute if their has been

@ Mystryfish what do you mean by use of language, are you calling us males dumb or what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

On the whole of boards it's probably about 70% male 30% female I think, but that's just cus of the lack of girls interested in computers....

I honestly can't guess from the language people most people speak, I guess some guys can be spotted as they use txt spk or whatever but in general unless someone's complaining about PMS pains or talking about how strong they are I usually have no idea :)

I'm a guy...asl etc ;)

Fobia

P.S. Don't get what you mean by how to conduct yourself knife fighter....good manners? If you gotta change the way you act around girls you're either really shallow, shy or you've got a problem :)

• Advertisement

Fobia wrote:
    If you gotta change the way you act around girls you're either really shallow, shy or you've got a problem :)

Try all 3

Im only joking. I just think girls should be treated with care when in a minority

Why does being in a minority make girls so brittle?

Rozabeez and CorruptedMorals are both girls as well.

It's difficult how to tell if someone's a girl or guy, but I somehow manage, through whatever methods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Why is there only 2 options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Im Male ;) *ladies*

Really? No offence but I was sure you were female.

I'm female, Yay for me.

Rozabeez wrote:
    Really? No offence but I was sure you were female.

I'm female, Yay for me.

Kick in the nuts for knife fighter :D

It actually appears that the regular posters in this board are split 50-50 in terms of sex (go sex!)...

Odd for an internet forum :)

Not really odd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

I just found dis forum a couple of dayz ago 'n I'm plannin' on tellin' all my m8's bout it... den girls will take over!!! Mwa ha ha!!! (evil laugh btw)

Orla1 wrote:
    I just found dis forum a couple of dayz ago 'n I'm plannin' on tellin' all my m8's bout it... den girls will take over!!! Mwa ha ha!!! (evil laugh btw)

Heh in fairness I'd say most of the guys here wouldn't mind girls taking over, the testosterone (sp?) levels on these boards are through the roof!

Nah, you guys dont seem to be girl-crazy, sure most of ye are gay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

Fobia wrote:
    Heh in fairness I'd say most of the guys here wouldn't mind girls taking over, the testosterone (sp?) levels on these boards are through the roof!

lol lol lol! :)

• Advertisement

Haha, *directs rozabeel to the LGB board* :)

Same could be said about the girls tbh!

Woah! Knife fighter, I never said that! I didn't even imply that! I certainly don't think the people on this board are dumb, male or female, so I'm very sorry if you thought I was saying that! I just meant that, I found it pretty easy to tell who was male or female, and that whatever it was, I could guess pretty accurately through everyones speech. And that doesn't mean that just cause someone uses text speak they're a guy, plenty of girls use text speak too. Oh, I dunno I'm sorry if you took offence to what I said, it certainly hadn't meant to sound like that! I never even thought someone would take offence that I could tell whether they were male or female through the way they said stuff. Woops! Again, sorry!

Oh, and also, i'm all for treating girls with respect whether or not they're in the minority, but I also think that if you treat girls with respect you should treat guys the same too. Just cause they're male and tough doesn't mean they don't deserve to be treated with respect by other men and women alike. I think people often forget that.

Rozabeez wrote:
    Nah, you guys dont seem to be girl-crazy, sure most of ye are gay!

Hey you sound like most of the people in my family.

@ mystryfish

Calm down GIRL(see now i know what you are) i was only messin dont worry
    ORLA_1 wrote:

AND WHO SAID YOU CAN SPOT GUY BECAUSE THEY USE TEXT 5P34K

Orla1 wrote:
    Please.. please... no text speak...

*feels the pain*

Txt sp34k 1s t3h 1337

lyk omgz....rlly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Does this have anything to do with the JC?

I think 80-85% of boardsters claimed to be male on the last poll on After Hours

No Victor, it has NOTHING to do with the JC.

Can we keep it anyway?

• Advertisement

Does this have anything to do with the JC?

Not really, but have got to take a more laid back approch to moding this forum.

Most of the regular user are after spending 9 hours in a place they dont want to be.You take the role of moding this forum way to serously you are on somebodys back if they post something you dont like.I know this is the junior cert forum but christ sake you need to give us some fun.This is the only forum that has a body of users our age, so just let us have our fun.

Dont take this personaly but its just my 2 cents.

C'mon people....time for the use of the puppy-dog eyes!

Not really, but have got to take a more laid back approch to moding this forum.
    I was asking for it to be justified, I wasn't automatically condemning it.

And it's partly true, writing style does hint at whether one is male or female.
    Rozabeez wrote:
    C'mon people....time for the use of the puppy-dog eyes!
    Grrrr...

muahaha. Victor loves us really, don't you Victor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Victor: The 'Junior Cert" outreach consellor :p

Damn. They're on to me.

• Advertisement

Yay, I got unbanned, see I knew you love us really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

i want way more girls on this but then again they would only be on the internet :( ahh well and i am a lad and i know i is dumb at normal stuff but when it comes to sport lads always win :D hmm i wonder if i just started a big slagfest

Eh....Diggins.....it's ok. *pats back* There there.

That's because of physical strength and the like Diggins...

Girls are generally more mature than guys up to a certain age but other than that....I think they're more or less equal on terms of intelligence.

Oh, and Victor mods like a true dictator; with an iron fist of bannage.

I'm being forced to respect Victor, so that means I'm going to have to hate the rest of you, sorry about that. Blame Victor!

• Advertisement

@Rozabeez I was wondering where you had gone to why were you baned, dont bother to respect Victor he like a teacher and i hope you dant respect them ireally do

@victor no hard feeling i was a little angry yesterday no worrys

Wheres meh shinee appel

Victor wrote:
    Wheres meh shinee appel

It's in the post, the stamps are being paid for with a large wad of cash from my last boards.ie moderating paycheck. No really, should be there by Tuesday :)

I was banned for being cooler than the mod.

Hmm...Some of the posts on this thread are proving my theory that JC students ARE getting stupider (Diggins and the annoying txt speak girl...who I dearly hope does not return)

Or more stupid people have access to message boards these days. Although I'd rather the former were true, tbh...

PFM, have you SEEN the new science course?

Haha, yes. They've quite literally castrated science right there.
    The exam is going to end up being, "Name an element. Here's a list to choose from. It's either... HYDROGEN, CAT, PENCIL."

/me misses rep points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

does anyone else like school (apart from homework and tests... well tests arent that hard) cause i think its deadly crack when your with all your mates in it and btw i am very mature in all meanings of the word so dont go saying girls are more mature than me! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement