Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you Male or Female

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

C'mon people....time for the use of the puppy-dog eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not really, but have got to take a more laid back approch to moding this forum.
    I was asking for it to be justified, I wasn't automatically condemning it.

And it's partly true, writing style does hint at whether one is male or female.
    Rozabeez wrote:
    C'mon people....time for the use of the puppy-dog eyes!
    Grrrr...

muahaha. Victor loves us really, don't you Victor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Victor: The 'Junior Cert" outreach consellor :p

Damn. They're on to me.

• Advertisement

Yay, I got unbanned, see I knew you love us really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

i want way more girls on this but then again they would only be on the internet :( ahh well and i am a lad and i know i is dumb at normal stuff but when it comes to sport lads always win :D hmm i wonder if i just started a big slagfest

Eh....Diggins.....it's ok. *pats back* There there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

That's because of physical strength and the like Diggins...

Girls are generally more mature than guys up to a certain age but other than that....I think they're more or less equal on terms of intelligence.

Oh, and Victor mods like a true dictator; with an iron fist of bannage.

I'm being forced to respect Victor, so that means I'm going to have to hate the rest of you, sorry about that. Blame Victor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

@Rozabeez I was wondering where you had gone to why were you baned, dont bother to respect Victor he like a teacher and i hope you dant respect them ireally do

@victor no hard feeling i was a little angry yesterday no worrys

Wheres meh shinee appel

Victor wrote:
    Wheres meh shinee appel

It's in the post, the stamps are being paid for with a large wad of cash from my last boards.ie moderating paycheck. No really, should be there by Tuesday :)

I was banned for being cooler than the mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmm...Some of the posts on this thread are proving my theory that JC students ARE getting stupider (Diggins and the annoying txt speak girl...who I dearly hope does not return)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Or more stupid people have access to message boards these days. Although I'd rather the former were true, tbh...

PFM, have you SEEN the new science course?

Haha, yes. They've quite literally castrated science right there.
    The exam is going to end up being, "Name an element. Here's a list to choose from. It's either... HYDROGEN, CAT, PENCIL."

/me misses rep points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

does anyone else like school (apart from homework and tests... well tests arent that hard) cause i think its deadly crack when your with all your mates in it and btw i am very mature in all meanings of the word so dont go saying girls are more mature than me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Are you male or female?

If only the actual junior cert questions themselves were that easy.

Stark wrote:
    If only the actual junior cert questions themselves were that easy.
    You've obviously never seen a foundation maths paper...

Diggins wrote:
    does anyone else like school (apart from homework and tests... well tests arent that hard) cause i think its deadly crack when your with all your mates in it and btw i am very mature in all meanings of the word so dont go saying girls are more mature than me! :D

If that last statement means what I think it does....then you've just proved that you're not mature ;)

I hate school, always have. I like seeing my friends, but I can do that outside of school. There are some friends in school who I mightn't have known had school not existed, but at the same time there are the same ammount of people I'd rather not know in school who I mightn't have known had school not existed.....so I think it balances itself out :)

I've already gone into depth about why I hate learning history and irish and other subjects I have no interests in. I'd like to do something like go to CTYI (I got all 90% and upwards in each category in the DATs we did this year, and I'd imagine the test for CTYI is the same or at least similar), but I need money and I want the experience of having a job so I'll be busy all summer...

Having said that if no netcafe's will take me I'll be trying to sneak in late as it were. That's proper learning - you have to prove that you have an ok general knowledge before you can get in, then you get to do the stuff you like.

Blabbering on, ah well,
    Fobia.

DAT is a way lower standard than the SAT's man. Still, with some of the people that have gotten into CTYI in the recent past...anythings possible. How'd you do on math and english, they're the only ones that count

You've obviously never seen a foundation maths paper...

I know someone who failed foundation english.

Raphael wrote:
    DAT is a way lower standard than the SAT's man. Still, with some of the people that have gotten into CTYI in the recent past...anythings possible. How'd you do on math and english, they're the only ones that count

Well I got over 90% in each category (it was arranged into clerical speed and accuracy, mechanical reasoning etc)....I think I could get into CTYI, it's the time that it takes place on that is the problem :)

I would completely take CTYI over anything else in the summer. It's a priceless experience, I think.

Yes, but the SAT has only 2 categories, verbal and math. Now, I got double 560's at 12, that was about 50 marks away from not qualifing in verbal, and 30 from not qualifing in math

In the DAT's, I got 98 in verbal, 92 in maths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Im getting my results on Friday, ill post them up if there not horific

• Advertisement

Are the DATs like the test for getting into miniCTYI?

Advertisement