Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 9 members?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

their latest album is brilliant,i cant believe some1 could say they are not talented after it.my friends who hate slipknot and like the frames,belle and sebastian etc love it.it shows they can actually sing realy really well,it has great lyrics and guitar,samples are excellent.
    who cares if they have 9 members(btw the clown plays the triangle).why would it need to be justified.they probably all express ideas handle business,work on the lyrics,keg solos etc. plus even if they dont need 9 members they are probably friends and like hangin out and **** on stage :). they are brilliant live,because if two or 3 of em are not doin anything they can just throw kegs at each other.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Personally, I hate Slipknot. I think they sound ****. But I really consider what they do as an act of genius. Play really **** angry music, employ nine people with it, and wear masks so no one knows who we are. And enjoy all the advantages of fame without the flaws.

And i'm sure they earn enough money to get all 9 of them loaded. And they can walk outside without being smuthered.

Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Beekay wrote:
    its like they didn't have the guts to tell some band members they weren't needed

Maybe that is the case. Would you have the heart to do/say somethign liek that to a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

They had no problem giving their origional singer the boot, so it couldnt be that hard for them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Oeneus wrote:
    And i'm sure they earn enough money to get all 9 of them loaded. And they can walk outside without being smuthered.
    As far as I know, they don't make a whole pile of money, due to there being 9 of them. This was one reason given as to why they took a break after Iowa to do side projects - make some money, and get the hell away from each other.

Only one thing will ever justify having 9 members - the live shows. As I said before, they could get rid of the sampler (let sid do that) and one of the percussionists, with absolutely no change to the sound. Hey, they could perform all the songs on Iowa with only 6 of them!

I watched the Slipknot dvd, and i cant remember off hand what song it was, probably The Heretic Song, and the two percussionists were banging along with the snare. But if you look closely, they werent even hitting the drums, just pretending to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I used to hate Slipknot. but ive come around to them in the last year or two. Great band sometimes, terrible sometimes. On any given album theres half random rubbish half gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Have any of you ever seen Slipknot's "Disasterpieces" DVD? I have it, and I can tell you that from watching that concert that every member of the band has an important role to play.

Its outstanding.

As for all this why have they 9 members? Who cares. They sound good and they're American is as much as I know or want to know about them.

"The Subliminal Verses" has rarely got a rest since I got it. Best album I've heard in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Oenus wrote:
    I heard them talking in interview before (at release of IOWA) and saying that they were not actually that rich. With 9 members in the band, they are not as rich as most people would think they would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

let me(!) justify 9 members (its wat i do)....

eg.
    SLIPKNOT - IOWA - 07 - GENTLY

0 - Sid - Dj
    loops wind blowing kinda sound at da beginning and then gradually mixes it around ALL throughout da song untill 3:45.

1 - Joey - Drummer
    drums throughout the track

2 - Paul - Bassist
    plays the most simpliest riff u could ever write at da beginning which sets up the song in a relaxing mood.

3 - Chris - Percusionist
    drums throughout track with a sound that joey could not replicate with his kit.

4 - Jim - Guitarist
    does most of the guitar riffs untill 3:45

5 - Craig - Sampler
    at roughly 10 secs into the song u can hear corey whispering, this is craigs part not coreys. craig does different mixing so u can hear corey whispering from your left speaker over the right and vicsa versa, and it is overdubbed, speeded up slowed down and loads of effects added.

6 - Shawn - Percusionist
    drums a different riff to chris and does more drumming then him aswell. u have to see da dvd to see wat i mean

7 - Mick - Guitarist
    Plays lead troughout the track.

8 - Corey - Vocals
    sings, shouts, screams, roars, shreiks, and wat not throughout the track

and if your wondering y 2 pecussionist, well the idea was create a wall of sound for drums, just like 2 guitarist in most bands.

i'm goin to settle this

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

wats wrong I am MAN,
    cat got your tongue?

• Advertisement
Advertisement