Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Data Cable driver

Options
  • 28-02-2005 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I have a generic data cable for attaching my Sagem mobile phone to my PC.
    I recently opened the PC to add RAM and had to remove all USB connections. After loading the RAM I reconnected the USB cables and all worked except phone data cable. Device Manager sees an unknown usb device so I know it is coonected to the computer. But add new hardware doesnt work. It asks me to insert disk if I have one. I do this but still says location specified found no device inforamtion files. The info with the cable says "Window sill detect the driver (SER9PL.inf) but this does not seem to be happening. If I search the disk this file isnt there. The disk does have a file called PL-2303 Driver Installer. I have double clicked and it tells me it is uninstalling the driver, and then asks me to reboot. If I do this nothing has changed after the reboot.

This is driving me insane at this stage. Any ideas. :confused:

Advertisement