Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results...

Options
  • 28-02-2005 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭

Ok, most ouf us should be getting our reults (or at least some of them) around now and the next week, if you want, post them on here so we can see who got what and if they wre happy...
    Here goes....

Irish - 40% :confused:
    English - 57% :rolleyes:
    Science - 70% :D
    Maths - 48% :(
    Metalwork - 66% :eek:
    (All Higher Level)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Maths - 70%
    Science - 67%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lol, I remember my mocks the two subjects I got As in I got Bs for the real JC(Irish and CSPE) :D

If I'd gotten my Irish exam rechecked I'd say I'd have got an A, the school suspected a bad examiner because a surprising amount of good students got Bs in Irish, as for CSPE they were obviously taking the piss with a test that easy and stupid so I took the piss with my answers: "Why are there more male polititions than female?" "Because more male polititions were elected than females" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

In my CSPE mocks they gave us a bloody wordsearch! Thats just pathetic, they havve NOTHING to ask us! Its soo easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

English: 62% C :D

French: 73% B :D

History: 73% B :D

CSPE: 84% B: Gonna have to turn that into an A for June (as if that's possible, heh).

Irish: 72% B: As you might already know, I had paper one
    moi! wrote:
    But, I don't care, so save it for later peeps.

Science: 78% B :D:D

• Advertisement

Maths: 92% A!:D:D:D:D:D:D: 87% in paper 1, 97% in paper 2. Wasn't marked for the trigonometry question cause we've not got that covered. Just off-the-record, I cannot remember the last time I did my Maths hw. The teacher doesn't correct the hw, and alot of the students don't do it. I sit at the very back of the class and usually study for other tests (coming up that day), or do my hw. The teacher doesn't care (he is a good teacher. Highest result in the class was 94% iirc).

Business Studies: 79% B :D:D: Didn't get any of the accounting questions to balance, wasn't expecting a good result (79% is good imo).

Technical Graphics: 87% A :D:D:D:D

Geography: 75% B :D

So I'm happy with all of my results.
    2 As, 7 Bs, 1C :eek:... waaay better than I expected

AHHH!
    Now I get the whole "too many images" error, heh.
    Why didn't it say SMILIES?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

JC 2K3 wrote:
    as for CSPE they were obviously taking the piss with a test that easy and stupid so I took the piss with my answers: "Why are there more male polititions than female?" "Because more male polititions were elected than females" :p

I wrote "batman" for near every short answer in the CSPE mock, and filled up the three pages on a letter to a lawyer about how I hate lawyers inviting him to come talk to my class about how he's so lawyer'ish and why I should be elected Batman in the next election unless it is fixed by the EVIL PENGUIN! ...I couldn't help myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Ive got a better one
    Q how did ST. paul die
    A Somebody jumped out of the bushes and hit him over the head and stole his donkey

Maths (h): 41% GRRR ARGH
    ENGLISH(h): 51% Was marked super hard teacher said so
    Religion(h): 80% Weeeeheeeeyyy

Waiting for irish and then its A&B's all the way

• Advertisement

Religion(h): 80% Weeeeheeeeyyy

Can you sit religion for the junior cert now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Fobia wrote:
    Can you sit religion for the junior cert now?

I think it's more a case of you have to site religion for the junior cert now....
    Yeah CSPE is so easy there is no way of failing that. If you do you need help.....serious.

Unless you've got an unbelievably sh1t teacher. I got a D in CSPE, along with 5As and 5Bs, all at higher level, in my other subjects. It's all down to your teacher really...
    If you like CSPE, definetly do LCVP for the leaving cert. Easiest 70 points there is, but again, you need a fairly decent teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

does every 1 have to sit Religion for the JC i thought it was choice of the school but i have to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

I think Religion is being piloted in a number of schools this year, and will go countrywide later - sort of in the same way some schools did CSPE a couple of years before everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Next year the 3rd years in my school will have to do it. I count myself extremely lucky.

And I've got a feeling I've got a bad CSPE teacher. A bunch of girls now in 6th year that I know almost got straight As in their JC, only for a B in CSPE because of that damn teacher... we're barely half way through our Action Project at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

I've got back my science result - 98% [Insert ridiculous amount of smilies here]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

Was your science paper an offiacial test made by a company or was it made by the teacher? 1 science class in my school got a teacher made 1(i didnt) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Everybody in my class got Cs, bar maybe 4 Ds and 2 Bs - out of approx. 35 people. The classes were streamed, so the people who were in the class were supposed to be more "academically orientated" (since ours was the highest stream) and get better exam results than the lower streamed classes. For the most part this was true - except in CSPE. In which we performed worst in the school. Ever!

You've got to question the quality of the teacher after results like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

CSPE is just common sense lol some ppl must had done extremely badly in their action project

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Was your science paper an offiacial test made by a company or was it made by the teacher? 1 science class in my school got a teacher made 1(i didnt) :confused:

Yeah, it was official, pretty much. We haven't done Habitat Studies so the teacher changed just 1 question I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

So far I've gotten these results back:
    English: 88%
    French: 93%
    Science: 94%
    Technology:99%

Me happiful! :D

I dont think i will be posting my other result up. God mabey im not smart enough to use this forum*goes into a cornor crys self to sleep and wakes up with a lenght of rope around one selfs neck* :p

*goes into a cornor crys self to sleep and wakes up with a lenght of rope around one selfs neck* :p

Who put it there? Not me! *runs*

Some people (like Purplefistmixer and J Campion) are either naturally good at loads of subjects or study alot. I personally only excel in a few categories (computers, maths, science) as I find them interesting and none of them require any studying (bar biology but who likes biology?) really if you listen when you're being taught/teach yourself.....

The goal of school as I see it is two things:

1. To increase overall knowledge and help you grow as a person intellectually.
    2. To get into college.

The first one is pretty much covered no matter how much you study, so the second one is what takes work.

Now this is the time of your life when you begin to think "what do I want to be?", for me the answer is clearly related with either computers, maths or music. So the goal is to get points, that's all, meanwhile I'd prefer to read a maths book/novel or learn about wireless networking rather than study extra for that 90% in a subject I have no interest in....

My results from the mocks arent going to be good, that's for sure, but life goes on....even failing the leaving cert isn't the end of the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Sorry Fobia but I like Biology! But I agree with you about the goals of school. And it is much easier to study or learn about subjects you actually like but I suppose the learning of boring subjects is part of what makes you grow as a person, because in life you're not always going to be able to do only the fun stuff. (unfortunately). Not that that makes Geography any more bearable.

Boo biology hiss plant reproduction

[off-topic] I've got a question about your sig that doesn't warrant a pm; what exactly do you mean by "right"?!?[/off-topic]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah, I've always had that attitude to religion. Although that doesn't affect me because I don't have it as an exam subject. But if I DID, I just wouldn't bother with putting effort into it at all.
    The rest of them.. I really don't know. I don't put much effort in other than doing my homework, some crazed studying the night before.. seems to work thuogh. =D

God you take me to seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Fobia wrote:
    [off-topic] I've got a question about your sig that doesn't warrant a pm; what exactly do you mean by "right"?!?[/off-topic]

It means that just because it's popular doesn't mean it's the right or proper thing to do, it doesn't make it ok. For example, if smoking is popular that doesn't necissarily make it ok or good to smoke. And then the other bit is that sometimes you have to say or tell something,for example, but people could dislike that you told it. Do you follow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

we're barely half way through our Action Project at this point.

[on-topic] We haven't started. Crud. [/on-topic]

Advertisement