Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That gives me hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Fobia wrote:
    Who put it there? Not me! *runs*

Some people (like Purplefistmixer and J Campion) are either naturally good at loads of subjects or study alot. I personally only excel in a few categories (computers, maths, science) as I find them interesting and none of them require any studying (bar biology but who likes biology?) really if you listen when you're being taught/teach yourself.....

The goal of school as I see it is two things:

1. To increase overall knowledge and help you grow as a person intellectually.
    2. To get into college.

The first one is pretty much covered no matter how much you study, so the second one is what takes work.

Now this is the time of your life when you begin to think "what do I want to be?", for me the answer is clearly related with either computers, maths or music. So the goal is to get points, that's all, meanwhile I'd prefer to read a maths book/novel or learn about wireless networking rather than study extra for that 90% in a subject I have no interest in....

My results from the mocks arent going to be good, that's for sure, but life goes on....even failing the leaving cert isn't the end of the world :)
    Heh, you're so like me, I'm brilliant at Maths and Science but I hate biology, because it's not based on maths or logic, you're just studying random facts.

I concur heartily! Biology sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Here's mine

maths: 74%
    scnc: 66% those are for pass

history: 74%
    eng: 52%
    irish: 36%
    cspe: 84%
    geog: 85%
    busi: 55%
    german: 71%
    art: 70%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

The Fitz wrote:
    irish: 36%
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Whatzit dat people tink it's so hard??????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

johnnyq wrote:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Whatzit dat people tink it's so hard??????????????

Well if you wrote that in an english exam, you'd probably fail.

Irish aint easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Are you a Highschoolian?

I gots 3 A's and the rest B's. All higher. In fairness, I didn't study, so I expect a few grade changes by October. (Not in a "cos I deserve them, cos I'm great" kinda way. In a I shall knuckle down to worketh way.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Fobia wrote:
    Well if you wrote that in an english exam, you'd probably fail.
    rofl its a forum j00 dont have to use correct grammar :p

Jakkass wrote:

Maybe not on irc/msn/other chat networks (though I try to none the less..), but you've got a full keyboard to type on, and no time limit to post in (whereas when talking to someone you might want to say something fast etc).....so what excuse is there for not using correct grammar and spelling?

We all make mistakes of course, but not trying is just laziness :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Indeed.

Oh, and biology is ok. Learn the stuff, and its easy. Besides, I'm doing LC biology, and I diseccted a lamb today!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

CSPE is just the governmaent's way of brain-washing you into blindly acepting the eurocratic crap that they peddle to the country. The lower your result the less you've been brainwashed. I got a C. Anyone who wants to call me stupid can do so to these
    Maths A
    Irish A
    Science A
    Business A
    History A
    All higher level
    FIGHT THE GOVERNMENT. FAIL CSPE

Fobia wrote:
    Maybe not on irc/msn/other chat networks (though I try to none the less..), but you've got a full keyboard to type on, and no time limit to post in (whereas when talking to someone you might want to say something fast etc).....so what excuse is there for not using correct grammar and spelling?

We all make mistakes of course, but not trying is just laziness :)
    yeh and im lazy :P

CSPE Is The Tool Of The Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

4Xcut wrote:
    CSPE is just the governmaent's way of brain-washing you into blindly acepting the eurocratic crap that they peddle to the country. The lower your result the less you've been brainwashed. I got a C. Anyone who wants to call me stupid can do so to these
    Maths A
    Irish A
    Science A
    Business A
    History A
    All higher level

i can confirm those results as genuine i wholeheartedly agree with his views

Haha... you realise the CSPE exam consists of ticking boxes and answering questions which might as well be on a 5th class english comprehension paper if such a thing existed? The hardest part of it is the long questions at the end, and even at that.. come on, it's nothing taxing. And hardly political.

Myself got more results today. Well, just the one, but I'm happy. =D Got 96% in maths, so.. YAY!

i didn't say it was hard i said it was government brain washing. at no point do they ask for your views, they merely tell you what they think your views should be.

Since when has ANY exam or subject in school been about views? They can't grade you on views (well in english they can mark how eloquently you put forth said views, but that's a different kettle of fish), so why would they be in an exam?
    But come on, you're making it out to sound like a grand conspiracy. As far as I can recall, my paper had an article about energy conservation in it and I had to answer questions about the information in the article. So what if the article told me to use double glazed windows if I don't agree with that (why anyone would both not agreeing with that makes no sense, but this is just an example), it's just asking you to comprehend the article. It's not telling you to change your views, it's one single exam. If you can lie blatantly in the rest of your exams ("I love this poem because it uses metaphor..."), then you can in this one.

You got the same CSPE mock as me so PurpleFistMixer :)

"List 2 tips on how to conserve energy"

On top of paragraph; "tips to conserve energy", hard stuff.

The only thing I don't agree with is the fact that you have to call third world countries "developing" countries...I don't think it matters really. They don't impose any views on you, they just tell you what you already know, the exams seems to consist of three categories; racism, pollution/energy wastage and something to do with Ireland.

If only they had it for leaving cert :D

• Advertisement

did u have the one with the pictures of pollution and the wordsearch lol

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jakkass wrote:
    Well it's encouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

4Xcut wrote:
    CHEAT! Let other people fail CPSE. :rolleyes:
    Fobia wrote:
    The only thing I don't agree with is the fact that you have to call third world countries "developing" countries...I don't think it matters really.
    Actually thats probably an unfair generalisation. South Korea and Taiwan would be examples of third world countries that are now developed rather than developing.

Victor wrote:
    Actually thats probably an unfair generalisation. South Korea and Taiwan would be examples of third world countries that are now developed rather than developing.

I'm speaking strictly about the use of words. You're not supposed to call any country "third world" anymore, it's always a "developing" country. So in the example you gave South Korea and Taiwan used to be "developing countries", rather than "third world countries", as the term is apparently wrong as it means we look down on them. Whereas I don't think it matters whether you call Ethiopia a "third world" or a "developing" country, that's all...

Question, what are second world countries?

they are like newly industrialised countries such as South Korea

Nope

Raphael wrote:
    Question, what are second world countries?

This was the trem used to describe the USSR before it roke up. It wasn't as bad as the third wold in that everybody was employed but not as good as the first world due to it being desguised unemployment. For example a man employed to spend 5 hours a week sweeping a train station is still employed. this is how they disguised their employment problems.
    1st=Western
    2nd=Soviet
    3rd=Africa

So what's the rest of the world, then?

• Advertisement

He's right!

1st world - West
    2nd - Commies
    3rd - The rest

THough, there were a few countries that didn't fit. Ireland and switzerland for instance

Advertisement