Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my x800pro to bench @ 630mhz clock and 1236mhz mem :-)

Options
  • 28-02-2005 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Just trying a few benchmarks after formatting pc and installing windows again and fiddling around with the new watercooling setup i have on the x800pro. Manged to bench it at 630mhz clock speed and 1256mhz mem. Got 6325 on 3dmark 2003. Damn wish it was an XT :D . Goes to prove those pencil mods work a treat. Not finished ye, reckon tomorrow i will have it up to 640mhz gpu speed as i only realised that the fan on one of the rads for the x800 was turned down to the lowest setting when i was benching, LOL :D

3dmark 2005 link
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=631104

More results to follow ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

If you only have the 12pipes working just imagine what score you would get if you had the extra 4pipes.

You should think of an upgrade :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

BadCharlie wrote:
    If you only have the 12pipes working just imagine what score you would get if you had the extra 4pipes.

You should think of an upgrade :P
    I know its a shame as i tried to order an XT when they were first released but i couldnt get 1 not even in the usa as they were hard to comeby, so i opted fr a pro, damn damn damn :D

no money for upgrade yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Nice scores....I had my air cooled 6800GT at stock up to 5500 before my XP disaster, be interesting to see if it can match your watercooled X800 pro.

Be a couple of weeks before I get it sorted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

any chance of getting a softmod or something to get the 4 pipes to work?

iv a MSI X800 Pro

So any chance? ;)

DirtyHarry wrote:
    any chance of getting a softmod or something to get the 4 pipes to work?

iv a MSI X800 Pro

So any chance? ;)

No i tried that mod, doesnt work, only works on a very few old models. im stuck with the pro for awhile

• Advertisement

Ok got it at 637.88mhz core and 1269mhz mem :D

more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

gline wrote:
    No i tried that mod, doesnt work, only works on a very few old models. im stuck with the pro for awhile

What about the hard mod?
    I have the x800 pro aswell. id love to do the hard mod
    and the voltmod but I hav'nt the balls to risk it yet!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

ATI Bios, Softmod & Tweak Guide Inc X800 VIVO > XT

If its a vivo youll have no problems what so ever - From Experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

is the one you done the same as the one in custom pc mag this month ...cos im about to do it as soon as i get a day off

nl wrote:
    What about the hard mod?
    I have the x800 pro aswell. id love to do the hard mod
    and the voltmod but I hav'nt the balls to risk it yet!!

Sorry that was the one i was talking about, i did the hardmod but it didnt work,itonly works on a very few older models

• Advertisement

dubdvd wrote:
    is the one you done the same as the one in custom pc mag this month ...cos im about to do it as soon as i get a day off

What mod is that???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

gline wrote:
    Just trying a few benchmarks after formatting pc and installing windows again and fiddling around with the new watercooling setup i have on the x800pro. Manged to bench it at 630mhz clock speed and 1256mhz mem. Got 6325 on 3dmark 2003. Damn wish it was an XT :D . Goes to prove those pencil mods work a treat. Not finished ye, reckon tomorrow i will have it up to 640mhz gpu speed as i only realised that the fan on one of the rads for the x800 was turned down to the lowest setting when i was benching, LOL :D

3dmark 2005 link
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=631104

More results to follow ;)

What watercooling setup are you using and are you just cooling the GPU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

slade_x wrote:

Its in his sig :p

gline, really nice OC. Are you running on those speed 24/7?

neokenzo wrote:
    Its in his sig :p

gline, really nice OC. Are you running on those speed 24/7?

Im running @ 600mhz core and 1180mhz mem 24/7, playing most games @ 2xxx x 1xxx res ;)

slade_x wrote:

Like neokenso said it is in the sig, basically a thermaltake bigwater with extra rad and maze4 gpu block

gline wrote:
    Sorry that was the one i was talking about, i did the hardmod but it didnt work,itonly works on a very few older models

Yea I got mine last May from overclocker.co.uk I had it on preorder. So I might be one of the lucky ones!! :D

nl wrote:
    Yea I got mine last May from overclocker.co.uk I had it on preorder. So I might be one of the lucky ones!! :D

I got mine from the usa at about the same time, so i dont know if you will be that lucky, but hope it works, would be cool if it does ;)

managing to play colin mcrae 2005 @ 2048x1536 with everything up full prefectly smoth and HL2 @ 1600x1200 FULL AA and AF etc @ 90fps and above and ut2k4 @ 2048x1536 with everything up full also perfectly smooth, not bad

I installed the Artic Cooler Rev 4 the other day and I had a look at the two contacts that have to be joined. My god the area is so small you can bearly see it!!! It would have to be a two man job. My brother holding the magnifing glass while I do the work and hope I dont get the shakes!!

nl wrote:
    I installed the Artic Cooler Rev 4 the other day and I had a look at the two contacts that have to be joined. My god the area is so small you can bearly see it!!! It would have to be a two man job. My brother holding the magnifing glass while I do the work and hope I dont get the shakes!!

Oh i know, it was a bitch to do, try get a desktop magnifying glass. i had to hold magnifyer i one hand and pin with conductive paint on it in the other, just dont get the paint everywhere else or break any traces etc :(

• Advertisement

I was looking at this site on how to do the volt mod. http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=817&s=1
    It says that i have to measure the initial voltage while the card is running. How do I do that!!? How did you do it gline?

there is a point that u measure it from using a multimeter, i cant remeber the document i was working through, someone posted it in a thread around here, cant remeber where though, you need to be careful doing stuff like this as you can damage the card easily if you touch the wrong point with the multimeter contact.

yea I did the volt mod. Grand job, no problems. I got the core stable at 580.5Mhz(ill push for the 600 later) and memory at 571.5Mhz. Makes a great difference. I increased the voltage from 1.339V to 1.502V. Do you think I will take more gline. Or is .1V the most abuse it can take.

nl wrote:
    yea I did the volt mod. Grand job, no problems. I got the core stable at 580.5Mhz(ill push for the 600 later) and memory at 571.5Mhz. Makes a great difference. I increased the voltage from 1.339V to 1.502V. Do you think I will take more gline. Or is .1V the most abuse it can take.

ah dude thats up to u , id leave it at what u think is comfortable, dont wana fry that gpu man. what coolin u using??

Im using Artic Cooler Rev 4 with Artic Silver 5. The temp never goes above 50C in playing colin mc crea 2005, CS: Source. The highest its gone is 54C. That was in the The Project(crytek) video yokemebob. Im using Ati tool and i have it set for when it hits 50C the fan goes 100%. I think my cooling is ok

no way dude not on air cooling i wouldnt push it any higher, unless you have money to burn or u get watercooling for it ;)

up to you though

Yea sure ill see how it goes over the next few weeks. The great thing about the pencil mods is that even if i did up the voltage and hit artifacting, freezing etc all I have to do is rub the graphite off with a rubber. But tbh im well happy with the speeds im at now. Well past the xt. what more can be asked

thats true , your doing well. thats some good oc'in :D

Advertisement