Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dont own a ps2 yet but have one waiting nice n cheap. what to get?

• 01-03-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭

ok i have the other two consoles and never really whad a want for a ps2. only thing i really want it for is Ico and devil may cry 1 and 3. maybe metal gear 3.

what would you say i should get? exclusive titles of course cause ill get multiplatform games on the other consoles except maybe a tony hawks.

im not into car games so dont say gt4 cause i hate em.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

killzone and mgs2 (if you get mgs3, it'll help, story-wise)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Killzone is rubbish, there are much better FPS alternatives on the other consoles.

PS2 exclusives? You can pick up ICO, Frequency and Rez for next to nothing these days, and I'd highly recommend all three. Devil May Cry isn't anything extraordinary, but, again, you'll probably pick it up for close to €5 second hand nowadays.

Of the newer releases, Shadow Of Rome is surprisingly good, a mixture of all out combat and stealth.

If you're into your RPGs, Final Fantasy X is obviously worth picking up.

And San Andreas, if you cant wait until June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Pro Evolution 4 if u like soccer (dont believe the FIFA hype)
    GTA 3, Vice City and GTA San A - essential games with sooo much depth and playability
    Others I've enjoyed:
    Burnout 3 for crazy arcade racing action
    Freedom Fighters (overlooked, but brilliant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I completely forgot about these two gems:

Gregory Horror Show
    Freakout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

whiskeyman wrote:
    GTA 3, Vice City and GTA San A - essential games with sooo much depth and playability
    Others I've enjoyed:

These are all multi format. He only asked for exclusive titles.

To get the most out of a PS2 the best option seems to be to chip it and import alot of the Japanese gems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

whiskeyman wrote:
    Others I've enjoyed:

i actually own all those on some other format except san andreas which ill be waitin for the pc version!

see there isnt really a whole lot. wont be gettin kill zone cause it is cack and wont be gettin metal gear two cause it wont really help with the story for 3 as 3 is set before everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ico

Hello mate,

I'm selling a load of my ps2 games in the for sale forum under dvd, software games. They are all in mint condition.

You should also keep a look out for the ICO game as mentioned already by NekkidBibleMan. This game was my main reason for owning a PS2.

plug-uk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

If you do chip the machine, one JPN/US game to look out for is Katamari Damacy

It's the weirdest I've played game in a long time, brilliant tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

A good FPS is Timesplitters 2 but 3 is out soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

There is plenty of choice at the link underneath this. €20 Games.

Wow, needed twice in one thread.

plug-uk.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I bought a PS2 just for for GTA:SA, i would have waited for the PC version, but my PC spec is the pits.

As a sidenote, can't wait for the PSP, anybody know official irish prices yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Sony don't even know yet,

It seems it won't be out here till the second half of the year due to shortages, more likely September than not because nothing gets released in the summer. EVER. and the price will probably depend on exchange rates at the time, stock numbers in Europe, and how competitive sony want to be.

Tbh I reckon they could release it at 400euro and still sell out!

right well we got an ico traded in in dawson st and ill get it for 20 quid. has all the art cards and everything. its perfect condition but one of the other staff members wrote how much it was taken in for on the box and not a sticker that you put on the box. bloody retard! its just over the barcode though so i dont care. ill get it next week with DMC3 probably.

do they have more then one copy of ico in Game, evad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

MGS 3 is kicka$$. You have to have some patience and if you like tactical games. But it's the best game ever to me.

do they have more then one copy of ico in Game, evad?
    nope we only got one traded in and i have it in my hands now, art cards and all. no ps2 to play it on though. lol

bastard!
    Sounds like a good game, albeit quite short.

Advertisement