Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS question about the gba capability.

Options
  • 01-03-2005 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

well i know the gba can play all original gameboy games but can the ds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm not 100% sure but i think i saw an ad in hmv or somewhere like that saying it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i asked in store and they said it plays gba but not original game boy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

just found out my answer and it wasnt the one i was after! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

You might be able to play your original GB via an emulator on the DS (as and when one becomes available - which I would imagine won't be long). But you'd need some sort of backup kit/card - and that's of course provided you use your own carts to generate the required ROMs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its a drag not having gb and gbcolor compatibilty in the DS, maybe they were protecting the asthetics of the console, so as no big cartridge will upset its lines!
    More annoying is its inability to play games using the link cable, so no playing gba titles with the gamecube.
    With a couple of good link games out there, Final Fantasy, Pacman Vs, its a real pain man.

Ah well, back to the Neo Geo Color! The Last Blade Rules!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

GAB(SP) had extra hardware to be able to play old GB games which they left out of the DS to save space and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

NDS + GBA Flash Cartridge + ROMs + Goomba (a GB emulator for the GBA) = GB support on the DS. I've done it, and it works fine.

Advertisement