Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried

• 01-03-2005 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Lastnight I noticed our cat has 3 lumps on it's underside, one small and 2 large (about the size of a hazelnut). They seem to be clustered fairly close together, roughly around the cats upper-chest, more or less in the middle, between the nipples.
    I don't know where they came out of as I certainly didn't notice anything there 24 hours before that. She doesn't seem to feel any discomfort from them, as I was rolling them around on the tips of my fingers trying to get a handle on what the hell they were, and she had no problems with it.
    She's coming up on 5 months old, has had all her shots. I'm going to bring her to the Vet as soon as I can, which will probably have to be tomorrow as I'm working late today. Has anyone come across something like this before?? I've an ominous feeling about this as anything lump-ish cannot be good.

Cheers,

Worried K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

never come across this myself, but the Vet is probably your best bet, for sake of peace of mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Take her to the vet. There's nothing anyone here can say that will help you, you need to take your cat to the vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Could be anything.
    From a simple swelling after a fight, an inflamation from thorns to something more sinister.
    The vet is the one to ask ...pronto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Krusty

Thanks for the replies folks. I spoke to the vet on the phone a few minutes ago.
    He says that it's nothing to worry about, as the cat is way too young (5 months) to worry about tumors, and it's probably just swellings due to small injuries (as you said peasant :) ). I told the vet that she's very fond of stalking birds from atop a black-thorn tree in the garden, and he says that's probably where it's from, damn thorns. She's booked in for a check-up anyway, but I'm feeling much happier now. Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

nice happy ending :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Good news!

Watch out for those kind of things in the future as well. If she is a thornbush fan, regular checking will be a good idea. These f*** thorns can get stuck everywhere and get easily inflamed.
    Your kitty will love the daily "feel-up" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Could be ring worm .. my kitten got it .. and it was like little lumpy hives on her head and a few on her body. Get to a vet ..

Advertisement