Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor phones

Options
  • 01-03-2005 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

is it possible to buy sim free meteor phones without going through the upgrade thing? like the way that ya can on Vodafone?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

In other words... Is it possible to buy a sim free phone from meteor? I'm sure you can at the same riduclous prices o2 and vodafone charge, I don't know really, but if its a sim free phone then it doesn't matter who you buy it from, it'll work for any sim.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

true - doesnt matter who you buy a SIM free phone off.
    Might be a better buy to look for a 2nd hand or unwanted phone.
    Just make sure its unlocked (ok to work on any network) before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

sorry, what i meant was the way vodafone do the bonus packs for Ready To Go customers where they can buy a vodafone phone but without a sim card! like instead of buying a phone for 150 wit a sim card ya can buy the same phone for 140 without the sim!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i dont think you can do it unless its an upgrade. I could be completely wrong tho. If ya want im due an upgrade ya can give me the credit lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

Meteor do upgrade packs. They generally cost the same as the first time connection handsets but you can get up to €130 credit with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

yeh they do upgrade packs but you have to be entitled to an upgrade to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well upgrades cost them a lot of money. They can't be handing them out to everyone just yet. They haven't got a big enough share of the market like the others do. Think about it. Nokia 3100 costs about 125 sim free, plus the 80e call credit is about 205e, but on upgrade you get it all for 79e!
    So they only give it to customers who've 'earned' it.
    No network can be perfect. Like Meteor are giving away those free texts and you can have 20c a min calls at all times.
    O2 and Vodafone used to be that way too, where you had to be approved for an upgrade.

Advertisement