Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Entry - Stage 2

• 01-03-2005 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just wondering what kind of examples people are giving on the form for the interview :confused: - I was placed 43 and as I can gather from the previous thread this was pretty good - I'm quite chuffed to be honest! :D
    I've my interview monday week.. how's everyones preperation going? what kind of things are you doing to help prepare?

Lilolil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

43? Fair play!

Although I found the questions very challenging I put down a great number of examples down from my experience in College and Work.

That said however, I've had four (real) jobs so I found that there wasn't enough space in the boxes to justify what I wanted to put down.

The final question about settling a dispute was made up. I stated something about a social event and two people bump into one another..causing the tension to rise. I intervened. 'Saved the Day'....And stopped the two from busting one another's heads.

Good luck Lilolil, I'm on the Friday after you. 9 am too. Gah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

Did they do away with the 6 or 7 skills based questions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lilolil

Although I found the questions very challenging I put down a great number of examples down from my experience in College and Work.

How many examples did you give on each competency Detective? You sound like u put down a few? I understood that it was one example for each?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

At first I thought they were looking for three examples per scenario - though if you look at the preparation sheet that came with the documentation then you'll see that they only look for one example - Which I adhered to. It's only that there wasn't enough space to explain the backround of what was going on.

That will be saved for interview, however ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

From what i can remember and it's been a while you were only supposed to put down 1 example.have 1 for each question in reserve cos they will try to get u to think on your feet so to speak.putting down a load of examples is a big mistake cos they could ask you anyone of them,keep it simple people !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

good advice murphy - even better - have 2 in reserve if they're not satisfied.
    Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lilolil

Thanks guys - Am I the only female on here? I have my heart set on this so if i don't get it i'll be fairly pi**ed! I'm awake half the night thinking about other examples for the interview.. What'll I be like next week? Did anyone apply to Robbie Morrissey for the feedback on the Stage 1 exam? I sent off a letter with my application form yesterday.. Hopefully I'll hear early next week before the interview. It'd be nice to know as much info as possible for them...
    What kind of things are you going to say for Q5? About what strengths that you will bring to the Garda Trainee role and the elements that you will find most challenging?
    For the strenghts I have years of Admin experience (40% of the Garda job is admin!) and I'm also a people person - Secretary of the local GAA club etc...
    I was thinking of something like the academic side being challenging cause I've been out of fulltime college for 10 years! (I'm 31 since yesterday!) but that I'll adjust well as I've been studying partime course over the last few years.... Blah Blah Blah ;);)

Lilolil

Advertisement