Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altering a tattoo

Options
  • 01-03-2005 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a tattoo for nearly 10 years now, and to be honest it looking a little faded. I dont really feel like getting it touched up, id prefer to get it altered and possibly get it incorporated into something totally new.

What are my options?

SG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

depends on what yer looking for. give more information. is it black or coloured. if its black and ya want colour over it, then yer sfuked. if its standard black tribal type stuff, then it'll be happy days for ya, as thats handy to alter. gotta go make some pancakes now. hope ya get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

PunK05 wrote:
    depends on what yer looking for. give more information. is it black or coloured. if its black and ya want colour over it, then yer sfuked. if its standard black tribal type stuff, then it'll be happy days for ya, as thats handy to alter. gotta go make some pancakes now. hope ya get it sorted.

Here's a picture (if a little blurry sorry, actually quite difficult to get a shot of it with a camera phone ;)

Anyway, looking to try and maybe get it altered. It's actual size is 2" top to bottom.

Was hoping for some sort of ogham, something a little more celtic. Not really sure what my options are! This one looks a little out of place as all my other are celtic. Ah, what you do when you are 17 and trying to impress a girl ;)

PunK05, Pancakes?

SG

tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

take a decent pic, slap it in photoshop or something and have a mess around, see what you can come up with

alternatively post a decent pic up on the photoshopping board. give them an idea of what you want and let them have a go. there are some pretty cool designers on boards, so you'd at least get some ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

well the line going down the middle of the top bit could be extended to the bottom and you could work your way from there.
    have a chat with your tattoo artist and see what he thinks

Advertisement