Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a CD headunit with line in.

Options
  • 01-03-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I have a Zen Micro that I want to use in my car but the CD player doesn't have a line in. I've considered using a Radio Transmitter but the sound is supposed to be better with the line in method and the reception can vary.

Does anyone have a bog standard CD player headunit with line in and willing to sell?

Alternatively a suggestion of somewhere i can get one cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bump!

reckon i might have to get one off incarexpress.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

quarryman wrote:
    I have a Zen Micro that I want to use in my car but the CD player doesn't have a line in. I've considered using a Radio Transmitter but the sound is supposed to be better with the line in method and the reception can vary.

Does anyone have a bog standard CD player headunit with line in and willing to sell?

Personally I'd go with the FM transmitter (hey, here's one in my bag!). The sound quality is fine from them (IMHO) as long as you find the right station. They come with a car charger so you'll never have to worry about running out of power. Less mucking around and it you take it from car to car with you. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

quarryman wrote:

Are you sure your head unit doesn't have an auxiliary/CD changer socket at the back? You can get the right cable for that to hook up to your MP3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Are you sure your head unit doesn't have an auxiliary/CD changer socket at the back? You can get the right cable for that to hook up to your MP3 player.

yeah i pulled it out of the dash and had a look and also googled the specs up and nowt. its a fairly decent Sony Headunit otherwise though.

Advertisement