Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you's think of DIT then?

• 01-03-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

im a leaving cert student who would like to do the DESIGN - VISUAL COMMUNICATION in dit an i was just wondering what people who have studied that course or any course in DIT think of the place?
    Any comments are really welcome,what the courses,accomodation,lecturers an social life's like etc..

Also the dit website say the course is 437* points an i was just wondering what the star means,is it an interview or porfolio or what? Also if any1 knows if art is needed then that'd be good to know since i dont do it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

It means you have to include a portfolio, which if you only know this now means you're in trouble.

Art is needed really for your portfolio, but if you have alot of graphic work you should be ok. A letter should be out for when you have to drop in your portfolio, i think it should be sometime in the middle of march.

The classes you would take are
    Drawing,
    Photography,
    Multimedia,
    Design Applications,
    Psychology,
    History of Design,
    Design Theroy.
    Typography,
    Print
    and Graphic Design.

it's continual assessment...no exams. That may or may not be a good thing for you.
    The course is quiet expensive when it comes to material and developing photos.
    My advise is to steal as much materials (paint, chisels, stuff like that) from your school art room. You'll have to buy a camera too. The one I bought this year cost 140, but a good investment.

It's located in Mountjoy Sq which is pretty central for accommation and the like, buses will get you near enough to it.

If you need any more advise pm me.

Personally i think you may be better off doing a portfolio course first to understand what you're getting yourself into.

Advertisement