Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South American Vs European. Which is better?

• 01-03-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

IMO, South American is better. Better quality football, harder tackling, most passionate supporters.
    The majority of times the South American team wins the World club cup.
    The best players come from South America.
    Just because it hasn't the money of European football doesn't mean it's poorer football wise.

South American Vs European. Which is better in football? 6 votes

South America
    0% 0 votes
    Europe
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Rossonero wrote:
    IMO, South American is better. Better quality football, harder tackling, most passionate supporters.

Of course they're passionate they have nothing else in life to look forward to. The majority of south american countries are very poor, football is an escape for the fans from the mediocrity and mundane life they lead.

Not completely true, but lets assume that it is for now. Most of those players play in Europe from a very young age and develop their abilities and talents in European leagues. So is it that they are inherently better or better because they've played in Europe?
    The best players come from South America.

That's a toss up really.

Ronaldiniho Zidane
    Ronaldo Raul
    Roberto Carlos Maldini
    Veron Deco
    Heinze Lizarazu

and so on and so forth, there are equally good players from both continents.

South Americans have more flair players but that doesn't automatically mean they are better or more exciting to watch. I like watching Brazil and Argentina play, but then I like watching France and Holland play as well. It's all subjective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Deco is Brazilian, Iago.....

But anyway,i dont see much South American club football-in fact,ive only seen one full match,to my knowledge,and that was a River Plate vs Boca Juniors match. Thoroughly enjoyed it,but i must say i prefer European football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Rossonero wrote:
    Just because it hasn't the money of European football doesn't mean it's poorer football wise.
    Of course it does. 95% of South American players would move to Europe if they got an offer that their current club couldn't match.

The most recent Brazil squad for a qualifier:
    Dida, Cafu, Juan, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlos, Renato, Juninho Pernambucano (Dudu 75), Kleberson (Ricardinho 65), Kaka (Adriano Leite 81), Ronaldo, Ronaldinho.

1 or 2 South American based players out of the 14.

Argentina: Abbondancieri, Javier Zanetti, Rodriguez, Milito, Sorin, Mascherano, Cambiasso (Placente 79), Riquelme, Solari (Gonzalez 65), Cesar Delgado (Saviola 56), Figueroa.

4 in that I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Cianan2 wrote:
    Deco is Brazilian, Iago.....

of course he is, I knew that...;)

doesn't change my point though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

They do produce technically more gifted players alright but the top leagues in Europe are way above them for entertainment value imo, watched a bit of the highlights of the SA football on C4 a couple of nights and **** me it was boring stuff

Way too many stoppages for stupid fouls and players falling over a lot throughout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Europe has the best players ! ! The champions league is the best soccer competition in the world :) Answer -> Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Rossonero wrote:

Over all of the years it has been held, South American teams have won it one more time than European teams. But in recent years European teams have held the trophy more often http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/world-club-cup.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Has anyone every watched any of that Brazilian league Channel4 sometimes late at night? Godawful stuff. Usualy consists of two teams just standing around passing back and forward amongts themselves as tho their was points on offer for possession kept inside your own half.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I am a big fan of Brazil and Mexico so I picked SA futbol. ;)

Advertisement