Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTT's for Irish Poker Open tickets.

Options
  • 01-03-2005 3:32pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've talked to The Powers That Be (herein referred to as TPTB) and told them that there was some interest in large stakes MTT for the Irish Open tickets. They are putting on two PPP-Only Multi Table Tournies priced at 250 euro each.

The details are:

13th March 20:00GMT Exclusive Paddy Power Poker Poker Irish Open $250 entry prize (3,500 package)

20th March 20:00GMT Exclusive Paddy Power Poker Poker Open $250 Freezeout 12 minute rounds prize (3,500 package)

The package is particularly attractive to non-Dubliners as it includes travel and accom in the hotel (sweet!). In fact, even for Dubs the hotel room (two nights I believe) is a great addition as its out in the sticks a bit :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

What about a freeroll for all board members ? Now that would be good !

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dunno about a freeroll but I could organise a game between the lot of us with a ticket as a prize.

Also, in discussion with a few of the online players here, most felt that 12 minute blinds were too short and so I had a word with the Operations Manager who has agreed to up them to 15 minutes which suits better.

Would there be an interest in a Boards Only MTT with a ticket as the prize?
    We could have a 100 euro freezeout amongst ourselves or a 20 euro rebuy tournie.
    I dont think we'd have enough over for a prize for second so it would have to come down to first place taking the ticket. I could probably get some mechandising (caps and polo shirts) to soften the blow!

DeV.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I would play a €100 freezeout online, so you can count me in. €250 is too pricey for me, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'd play but would prefer offline if possible, I don't know if that could be organised or whether we would have to get the ticket from PPP themselves..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would play.....god yes I will play.I would not mind online or offline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Offline or online would suit me.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm in with the boss tomorrow and I'll ask him. There are other options then this and they'll be up soon most are super satelites but they all feed into that one big game, so if 250 is too expensive, you can play a super satelite for as little as 4 euro (rebuy) afaik. I'll confirm all this tomorrow.

DeV.

Tom,
    One a sidenote...any news on when PPP will have the top up in the shop facility up and running...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

you can top-up in Paddy Power bookie shops already, I tried it last week.

thats grand...does it take long to come up on your account..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

DeVore wrote:
    I'm in with the boss tomorrow and I'll ask him. There are other options then this and they'll be up soon most are super satelites but they all feed into that one big game, so if 250 is too expensive, you can play a super satelite for as little as 4 euro (rebuy) afaik. I'll confirm all this tomorrow.
    Will these online satellites and super satellites be available only to PPP customers or to general VC/Tribeca customers? If they are made exclusive to PP P what is the exact reasoning for this?

If PPP is using a reskining solution to creating a poker client why are they not actively pursueing the business of players who have already signed up to a version of their skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

There are MTT's on VC for this at the moment...

DapperGent wrote:
    Will these online satellites and super satellites be available only to PPP customers or to general VC/Tribeca customers? If they are made exclusive to PP P what is the exact reasoning for this?

No, the super satelites are open to all Tribeca systems.

The only game that is specific to PPP is the 250 games on the 13th and the 20th. These are NOT the finals of the satelites, they are direct buy-in competitions.
    If PPP is using a reskining solution to creating a poker client why are they not actively pursueing the business of players who have already signed up to a version of their skin?

Ok, I dont really understand this question... you mean why arent we headhunting VC players and the like?

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Ok, I dont really understand this question... you mean why arent we headhunting VC players and the like?
    Yeah I would be.

Politics, business and manners (a lot more of the first two then the last I guess!).

It wouldnt be the sort of thing that I'd be involved with here, its more the business end of things. On the flip side, if a player wants to play with PPP then of course the help team here are more then happy to assist them to do that :)

DeV.

Ok I have all the specifics now after talking to the Operations Manager in here.
    Here are the various ways that you can get your grubby mitts on a golden ticket (ordered by cost).

1$ MTT super satelites: These are daily at 9pm and feed into a weekly MTT on saturdays.

4$ Single Tables: These are feeders into the weekly final on Saturdays too.

36$ Weekly Final: These are the weekly finals of all the satelites, you can buy directly into them if you dont want to be bothered winning a ticket.

All three of the above are open to all players on any of the Tribeca clients (PPP, VC, etc). The Grand Finals every week pay guaruntee at least one complete package (travel accom and ticket).

Specific to PPP is the $250 Freezeout for the total package (travel, accom and ticket). There are two of these, one on the 13th and one on the 20th.

Ok, I hope that makes things clearer. Any questions, feel free....

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Politics, business and manners (a lot more of the first two then the last I guess!).

It wouldnt be the sort of thing that I'd be involved with here, its more the business end of things. On the flip side, if a player wants to play with PPP then of course the help team here are more then happy to assist them to do that :)
    It's a pity, all things being equal I'd prefer to give my rake to an Irish company, though not to the extent that I want to set up another poker account :). But I'm sure it would be pure hassle to have Tribeca franchisees competing against each other as well as everyone else. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Just thought Id mention that I think 9 on a Saturday night is a pretty poxy time to be holding the weekly finals. Do you know was this time researched or was it just selected? I won a ticket for this weeks final but do not think I can play.

Advertisement