Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Irish Open Winners, who are they?

Options
  • 01-03-2005 3:41pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking online for the previous winners of the Irish Open and I cant find them. Didnt Paddy Hicks win the main event two years ago?
    Who wont it last year?

I think Irene Tier won it one year (years ago!)... anyone help me out here? its funny that its not recorded anywhere!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Hmm... I thought Paddy was second to Lucy Rocash that year, but I could be wrong. It might be an idea to get in touch with Mark Strahan of ukpoker.com fame. He should have all those results archived somewhere (or is he classed as the opposition these days? smile.gif )

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I know Mark and I'll ask him. I dunno if he's classed as "opposition". I believe I'm still a free human being with the right to associate with whom I like lol... Luke Ivory probably knows too, I dont think he's forgotten anything in his life. I just thought there might be a site out there with the winners on it, historically but not that I can find...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Try pokerpages.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

BigDragon wrote:
    Try pokerpages.com

Watch what you take from PokerPages as they have issued a lawsuit against the hendon mob for taking information from their site without permission for the hendom mob poker db. They even went as far as publishing incorrect info in order to trap the mobsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

pokertroll wrote:
    Watch what you take from PokerPages as they have issued a lawsuit against the hendon mob for taking information from their site without permission for the hendom mob poker db. They even went as far as publishing incorrect info in order to trap the mobsters

A guy just cut and paste all the stuff into the mob's database apparently. There is nothing to stop you saying who won a particular event. The actual results are not owned by pokerpages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well then go with the trusty pokerineurope:-

www.pokerineurope.com has the best listing available for europe as far as I can see. You can even get results for some of the other tourneys during the irish open week.

Paddy Hicks actually came second in the 2003 winter festival event to Lucy.
    Hows that for links a plenty.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Man I owe you guys a pint. Thanks for that. I looked in PokerforEurope but since I'm all fluey at the moment I guess I missed it.

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Links and menubars - very confusing.

Advertisement