Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote central looking not working!! which to get fixed

Options
  • 01-03-2005 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

ok then folks have an astra 99 to be exact any how the central looking is working but only when i used the key in the lock in the drivers door. The thing is that the remote central locking was working until a while ago when i dropped me keys but since then they are not work,,, might be very lucky and work the odd time but other than that its a no go...

So really does anyone know, where can fix this for me? i have already thought of my local opel dealers but is there anywhere else just i would imagine it been a bit expensive to go back to opel (or does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost me to get me remote key looked at?)

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It could be something easy to fix. Open the thing up, the battery may have been dislodged from the circuit board contacts, try reseating the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Be careful opening the key fob. On some modern cars, having the battery disconnected from the circuit of the key for a certain amount of time can cause the chip to be reset and they key will then no longer even start the car

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Right sorry forgot to mention, initally i just thought it was the battery that was dead so i went and got a new one but it is not that. And "fletch" you are correct the key does reset but you can set it to your car by putting it into the ignition but just turning it once not to start the car but just to allow the electics to switch on leave it there 30seconds and press the button. The doors lock and unlock, thus showing you that you have match the remote to the cars central locking. I can get it to do this be then it just becomes very very tempremental. So any other ideas!!!

Advertisement