Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applet Cert Help.

Options
  • 01-03-2005 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    trying to make an applet to display images off the hard drive but need to make a certificate to do this.
    I know I have to do something using the keytool, but I don't know how to use it cause when I try open it it flashes a bunch of info and closes before I get the chance.
    Can anyone tell me what I need to do?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Are you doing this in Windows? If so you may need to run the tool from the command prompt. I'd imagine when you do the bunch of info thats currently flashing for you will in fact be the instructions on how to run the tool (and will stay on screen).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah that worked, got my cert.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 0136263

Were you able to sign the applet using the Keytool. I am also having some difficulty with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

No,

I've made the cert on my own pc, but I can't sign the applet jar with it.
    It needs to be registered with verisign or something.
    I'm doing this for college though, I can't pay for it. What should I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 0136263

I am also trying to self sign a jar file containing an applet. I think you should be able to sign it without paying anyone. Take a look at this disucssion it may help http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=63&threadID=174214
    I can get the applet into a jar file and sign that jar file with my own cert. but I haven't been able to load the applet from the jar file yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement