Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband and online poker

Options
  • 01-03-2005 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

hey lads,just a quick question.
    Was wondering if anyone here uses Irish Broadband as their broadband supplier(specifically breeze) and also whether or not it is suitable and reliable for online poker?also do people here mainly use eircom broadband and is it reliable?what about plain old dial-up,is it too unreliable for connectivity.
    Cheers
    will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I use DSL from Esat and I've only had a problem once or twice with it. generally when they are resetting their servers which happens at some point between 12-2 in the morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

If you have any choice..DO NOT go with Irishbroadband..I went with Ripwave intitially...Received at after 2 months due software !!?!?!? Difficulties????? It did not work...So I now have breeze...it is temperamental. Works / Does not work..And I am very central in their map....
    Their customer support is atrocious...Hate to slag of new Irish companies...but they are woeful.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I agree completely with you Amarillo. I had the ripwave unit and it's just a disaster in terms of reliability. I always had a strong amber signal but used to get disconnected frequently and for extended periods of time for no reason what so ever. I had Irishbroadband investigate and dispite numerous telephone calls and e-mails they weren't able to find anything wrong. Their customer support do try and help but they seem to be vastly understaffed and you end up having to hold for ages. Due to the unexplained problems I have sent back the product and am in the process of trying to get a refund at the moment.

Yeah I am waiting for them to collect ripwave...suppposed to be here yesterday...They also overcharged me!!!!Ssssshhhh not good press for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I use NTL and am more then happy with it. Never really had any problems with it. Never thought I'd say that about any NTL product!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

I've been using Utv Cliksilver for many months now and it is super. €30 a month (first 4 months free) and I havent had any problems with it.

Hey Rodge,
    I presume you need a phone line...hence pay line rental!!!??
    Are there any other providers other than phone line..IE TV cable????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

NTL comes through the satelite dish if I'm not mistaken.
    And that Ripwave crap comes through an aerial I think.
    Esat have something as well but I'm not sure what.

We had the phone line anyway and were spending 30+ a month on dial up so it made sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Amarillo, despite working for the incumbant :rolleyes: I dont have a phone line in my apartment but am running NTL's bb (350k) on my digital and its fine. AFAIK its cable, so I would say only a few area's in Dublin can get it, but have had no problems with it. I have an RADSL setup in my folks gaff with WIFI and NTL's offering is comparable. I reckon this would be your best option if you want to stay sans landline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

NTL is cable not satellite, and no need for functional phone line or anything like that. If you log on to their website I think you can find out which areas are accessible, might be better to call them though, as you would not know how ofter they update their website.

• Advertisement

Just called 'em..Not available in my area....
    So stuck with Irish Broadband Band....unless I upgrade to a T3 rectum and such it up thru me arsee...its crap ...it really is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Amarillo... Please change the text size in your sig. The goggles, they do nothing etc.

Lol..went ab it mad on the text size....Sorry
    on closer inspection ..these are loafers

Advertisement