Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Reilly

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

The mans a muppet, Chick - just ignore him.

He's trying to wind you up.

I have a lot of respect for Ed - I know his campaign was less than creative the last time around - but this time, every policy he had was workable and that is most certainly to his credit.

Irrelevant of that - character assasination through a major student publication is nothing short of disgraceful and it is on that point I object.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Boston wrote:
    Eddy and chick, sitting on a tree, K I S S I N G.
    Shut it will you? Just because I defend the guy?
    DrIndy wrote:
    The mans a muppet, Chick - just ignore him.
    Too focking right, and I get called a troll? Unreal!
    Boston wrote:
    we know it's because he's a sneaky bastard.
    Give it a rest will you. :rolleyes: You're so spineless you know that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

DrIndy wrote:
    The mans a muppet

Don't insult other users of this forum or boards.ie. It's not on. We are all here for the enjoyment of boards, and comments like this let things get out of hand.

I have a lot of respect for Ed - I know his campaign was less than creative the last time around - but this time, every policy he had was workable and that is most certainly to his credit.

Last time around he railed against cut backs. Claiming that trinity college owned half of dublin city centre, and as such was in a position to fund anything and everything we wanted. He accused the college administration of hiding money they reacieved from all the land they own around the city, will grabing more through cut backs. It stank of telling the people what they wanted to hear only to screw them over once elected.He spoke to a lecture hall full of engineers as if we where children, maybe thats the way he was used to talking to arts students suffering from hang overs, but it didn't go down well. He then insisted on handing out his stupid flyers during a maths lecture, and when the lecture told him to leave, he accused him of blocking his right to campaign. This was all last year of course, but the impression of him as a complete prick is embedded in my mind. For you to respect someone like that says and allot about you really.

Chick wrote:
    Shut it will you? Just because I defend the guy?

Seriously chick, i don't think he;s interested.
    Too focking right, and I get called a troll? Unreal!

I didn't call you a troll.

You're so spineless you know that?

In what way. I'm honest about my opinions, how is that spineless, it's not like I pretend to like him in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Boston wrote:
    Don't insult other users of this forum or boards.ie. It's not on. We are all here for the enjoyment of boards, and comments like this let things get out of hand.

Be nice and I promise to be courteous at all times to you in future. You have insulted other members of Boards in this very thread yourself.

Deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Boston wrote:
    comments like this let things get out of hand.
    Oh that is really rich! Lecturing people on name calling?! Wow. :rolleyes: :eek:
    Boston wrote:
    Seriously chick, i don't think he;s interested.
    You're hilarious(!)
    boston wrote:
    I didn't call you a troll.
    i didnt say you did.
    boston wrote:
    In what way. I'm honest about my opinions, how is that spineless, it's not like I pretend to like him in real life.
    because you wouldnt say half of this garbage to his face. and that is cowardice in my opinion
    boston wrote:
    For you to respect someone like that says and allot about you really.
    I know you're talking to doc, but your attitudes and some of the comments youve made tonight have spoken volumes about you boston. Who are you to talk about respect when you clearly dont have an ounce of it for other people and their feelings?

DrIndy wrote:
    Be nice and I promise to be courteous at all times to you in future. You have insulted other members of Boards in this very thread yourself.

Deal?

To be clear, I stayed on one side of the rules, you went to the other side. If ed was a member of boards, I'd be so banned right now it wouldn't even be funny. But he's not, and the opinions expressed can be taken as satire. I have not insulted other members of boards. I may have insulted chick by proxy, if so I appoligise.
    I know you're talking to doc, but your attitudes and some of the comments youve made tonight have spoken volumes about you boston. Who are you to talk about respect when you clearly dont have an ounce of it for other people and their feelings?

My deep loathing of eddy, is hardle a bases for that opinions of moi. Really you know even less about me, then I dod eddie, yet your willing to jump to conclusions and condem me as monsterous and spineless. Yet when I do the same to Eddy I'm a muppet, is this the world we live in chick?

As for the saying it to his face, I seriously doubt you would call a 6-4 man of about 270 pounds a muppet or spineless to his face, so less of the stones in glass houses please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Christ on a lolly, what got up your arse today!? Sure you may not like Ed whatsisface, and you may have good reason for it, but I think we can all agree that the article in the Record was uncalled for..and that's what the thread is about..i think..am i missing something here..?

Agreed. There where plenty of underhanded going on's in this years SU elections, to single out eddy was very uncalled for, when dillion was being a much bigger prick this year then even eddy was last year. I shall write to me TD at once.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement