Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paypal out side ebay

Options
  • 01-03-2005 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭

is it safe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Your credit card company should cover you should anything go wrong

See this thread as well

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Your credit card company should cover you should anything go wrong

See this thread as well

you know you said that credit card company should cover me how long is that cover for

They should cover you against getting ripped off. They will not cover you if the goods go faulty after you start using the goods. You really need to speak to your credit card company to ask if they have an online transaction guarantee (vast majority do). No credit card covers you for breakdowns unless they have the insurance facility and you pay for that insurance.

What are you buying and is it from a company?

im buying psp games from this fella i know in america

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Have used it for about 40 purchases off eBay! Haven't had a problem with it at all

• Advertisement

flanzer wrote:
    Have used it for about 40 purchases off eBay! Haven't had a problem with it at all
    thats very reasurring mate thanks

can i be assure paypal will rescue me if i get ripped of on the 19th when i suppose to get the games

If the sender can prove (via a tracking number) that he sent you something (does not matter what), Paypal will hang you out to dry. Your credit card company should be your next port of call and just dispute the Paypal charge and they will send you out a form to sign (I am assuming that the credit card companies operating in Ireland operate in a similar manner to the UK).

thanks mate for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

snoopdog wrote:
    can i be assure paypal will rescue me if i get ripped of on the 19th when i suppose to get the games

no , paypal provide no protection in this case.....

• Advertisement

hey lads im still in the process of buying out side ebay, i paid ya man a few weeks ago.
    you see the offical date for the psp games are the 24th in the usa.

so he gave me a tracking code which i put into ups tracking didnt work so i asked him whats up, he said he gave me the wrong one and he gave me another i tried it,again no look.. i asked him whats up but he hasnt really answered my question hes usually always on yahoo messager but sinced before paddys day he has never been on

just to say am i being ripped off, do you think and if i am what will i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

so he gave me a tracking code which i put into ups tracking didnt work so i asked him whats up he said he gave me the wrong one and he gave me another i tried it again no look i asked him whats up but he hasnt really answered my question hes usually always on yahoo messager but sinced before paddys day he has never been on
    Is there any chance you could use a full stop or two to punctuate your messages. That will make it a lot easier for other viewers to understand your posts.

RainyDay wrote:
    Is there any chance you could use a full stop or two to punctuate your messages. That will make it a lot easier for other viewers to understand your posts.
    that better

Advertisement