Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renewal Quotes

Options
  • 01-03-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    My insurance is up for renewal and I just passed the provisional ignition course today.

My details:
    20 years old
    998cc Engine
    Wicklow address
    Provisional under my own name for 1 year
    NCB for one year

{All prices Third Party Fire and theft unless otherwise stated}
    I am currently with Quinn Direct, they quoted €2137

Rang Hibernia and asked could they beat it. They gave me a quote of €1926 upon passing the test (which I did today)

I asked QD could they beat that, they said they can't.

I tried Tesco.ie.

It says you need 3yrs NCB if getting provisional quote. I rang and they said if you pass test it doesn't apply. I rang and gave info over phone. She said the quote they give for passing is the same as if i had a full license. It ended up being €1430 :eek:

I then tried the quote online myself putting in that I have a full license rather than a provisional. With details provided I got a quote of €1647 Fully comp or €1374 TPF+T.

Now it says on the right hand menu "policy cannot be accepted until ignition course completed" :confused:

It also says something about €300 excesses. What is this? Is that included in the price or is it extra? What is it for?

What I am concerned about is the whole fully licences/ignition thing. If I have an accident and the information is incorrect due to no fault of my own, who is to blame? The lady put me under full licence but I am not so is it dodgy? I will ring tomorrow anyway and clear things up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The €300 excess means that you will have to pay the first €300 of any claim. I would ring them back and clarify the licence thing, it would be a real stinger to have a claim on your insurance only for them to tell you that you obtained your insurance with false information, thus you're not covered. (Generally though you would be asked to send them a copy of your licence when doing the paperwork)

Advertisement