Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugh Grant - Hot or Not?

Options
  • 01-03-2005 10:19pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

One of my friends admitted to me the other day that she thinks Hugh Grant is hot - especially that scene in Bridget Jones's Diary (the first one) where you first see him coming out of the lift and they've got music playing and everything.
    I pointed out that he looks incredibly sleazy in that scene, and she said she supposed she just goes for sleazy guys (which is kinda true)

Is there anyone else who actually finds him attractive? Is my friend a total weirdo, or are there loads of fans out there? Is it normal for a seventeen year old girl to find a 44 year old man attractive?

I am worried about her.

Do you think Hugh Grant is attractive? 11 votes

EWWWW no, he's in his forties!
    0% 0 votes
    He's ok I suppose
    27% 3 votes
    He's not my type, but I can see why other people would like him
    9% 1 vote
    I think he's REALLY hot
    27% 3 votes
    I am into girls, so my opinion would be irrelevant
    36% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Johnny Depp. Brad Pitt. In their forties but good grief... Rarr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

They're exceptions. Hugh Grant is normal, though, and has to abide by the "if you're anywhere near the same age as my father, NO" rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

atari jaguar tbh

But hey, if girls find the bumbling, foppish guy attractive, i can do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

forty isn't that old, guys. it's not like he's eighty and hunched over his cane babbling about how his shoes are stuck in his beard because he forgot to trim it yesterday - or was that twenty years ago?

... and he may be sleazy but that does NOT mean he's not attractive. (well, in my opinion, anyways).
    *random partially related story* hugh grant was filming a movie across the street from my house. my mother walked up to the set and told the crew we were looking for the costume department and they believed her and let us in, so we ended up watching them film a take and then we got bored. i love awesome randomness like that. (she muttered to me "they're taking over our neighborhood for a day to film so the least we can do is infiltrate their set." i concurred.)*random partially related story*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MellonCollie

Admittedly, the man is showing his age lately and he doesn't have the greatest teeth. Regardless, he seems to ooze sex appeal (sleazy or not!) ... I guess sometimes the flaws actually add to the effect :>

Oh yeah, he's incredibly telegenic.. imho ...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Caoimhe wrote:
    Johnny Depp. Brad Pitt. In their forties but good grief... Rarr.
    Ah yeah, but there's a bit of a difference between Brad Pitt and Hugh Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

in notting hill - yes
    either bridget jones diary- no

basically i wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crisps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MellonCollie

basically i wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crisps

Basically, I wouldn't kick him out of bed ... fullstop. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He's got the whole james bond esque, suave and sophisticated thing going on. Works well for him, IMO

Advertisement