Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mean cavan ****s

Options
  • 31-07-2001 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

A Cavan man asked his son what he wanted for his birthday and his son said he wanted to have a spin in an airplane. So the Cavanman and his son thumb a lift up to Dublin airport to see if they can get a go in a plane. They go around all the small planes and see if they can get anyone to take them up for 20 pence. Not surprisingly they don't have much luck.
    Anyway, in the end they do a deal with a pilot who says he will take them for free if both of them manage to keep completely silent for the entire trip. If they say anything it is going to cost the Cavanman a hundred quid.
    So they set off and immediately the pilot starts to do loop-the-loops, barrel rolls and all kinds of amazing aerobatic tricks. There isn't a word out the Cavanman. He decides this isn't working so flies upside down between the Ballymun flats. Still not a word out of the Cavanman. The pilot tries his final trick and flies under all the bridges on the Liffey. Still the Cavanman stays silent and the pilot gives up in frustration.
    After he lands the plane, the pilot turns round and tells the Cavan man how impressed he is. Normally the passengers are screaming for mercy after five minutes.
    After the pilot says it is Ok to talk now, the Cavan man then says "It was dead tough to keep quiet. I almost said something when the young fella fell out".

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ha... Where did all this **** about Cavan people being mean come from? I heard it was from some Cork person... Set me straight here...

Tis bull****, well now it is anyway.

Advertisement