Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! my ping in C&C Generals is sooo bad

Options
  • 01-03-2005 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I don't understand how my ping in C&C Generals is so bad. I have a good p.c. and a good broadband connection but my ping is 1000ms. I really need to know how to reduce my ping because I keep getting kicked from games. :( Help me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Yuri wrote:
    I don't understand how my ping in C&C Generals is so bad. I have good p.c. and good broadband connection but my ping is 1000ms (mille seconds). I really need to know how to slow down my ping because I keep getting kick from games. :(

What is your broadband? Is you ping that high normally or only when playing C&C (go to command prompt (Start->Run type in "command") and type in ping www.google.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

Its 512k and no its normal in other games. (pings of about 50 in cs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Who or more importantly where is your opponent and is he the server?

kdjac

I can play with people from Europe and I can host the server but it dosen't make any difference to the ping.

I think I may have found the problem thats causing the lag. Whenever I go into Generals online it says: "Could not connect to persistent storage server". Does anyone know what this server thing is or know how can I fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

At a guess it may be port related , try the strategy forum.

oh hang

http://www.d-silence.com/feature.php?id=244

this works for PES4 too just in case you umm ever need it , its how i found it :)

kdjac

O.k. I'll try it.

Advertisement