Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now you can play pS2,XBox in your PC

Options
  • 02-03-2005 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Latest Update!
    "Game Copy Pro now includes information on how to play all of your favorite games on you PC, no console, or mod chip needed! You will be able to play Playstation, PS One, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, and Game Boy/GameBoy Advanced straight from your hard drive. We provide programs for every major console gaming system!"
    htsdrtwertwetwertwertret.html

is not simple, but it works :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL did you buy that ?

And do the games really work as in PLAY on your PC ?

Take a screenshot :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

I Know Where You Can Download It For Free ;););)

Ares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Well emulators do exist for all of those except the PS2 and X-Box(well I think a Dreamcast one exists not sure) and I suppose it would only be a matter of time before someone put together a good emulator for both those consoles, but that site just looks far too dodgy and far too undetailed to be true and I doubt they just stumbled upon to some magic formula to make a perfect stable emulator of every console in existence..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Yea pretty sure theres a dreamcast emu, the Sega Saturn ones are awful though, ePSX is a superb PS1 emulator though. For stuff on emulators look to the emulator board over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=94

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

ePSX is fantastic, if it wasn't for it I'd never have gotten to play Suikoden 2. Without a PS2 emulator I was forced with great difficulty to use a swap card system to play my imported Suikoden 3.

I'd love there to be a working emulator of the PS2 available for PC right now so I could import MGS:SE and GT4 for example(well a bit late now, but a few months ago!), but doubt this one actually works properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

steviec wrote:
    I'd love there to be a working emulator of the PS2 available for PC right now
    Yeah apparently they're still years off a PS2 emulator that runs commercial games properly.
    And this whole "straight from your hard drive" bit smells very dodgy aswell, especially with DreamCast disks which, I'm reliably informed cannot be read by PC CDROM drives full stop... which is why people have to copy them over a serial cable from the DC itself.... so unless they plan on having you download iso's of dreamcast disks, then I'd say it's a big pile of horse-shíte.
    Apparently with GDrom disks the tracks are too close together to be read by normal cd drives, which is a hardware limitation that can't be overcome by a piece of software... I think there was one brand/model of CD drive that could read them using a hacked firmware, but still... what're the odds of this proggy being able to pull of such a low-level hack on every variant of CD drive out there?
    Sounds like a lot of big talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

As SantaHoe said, you haven't a hope of running a full-speed PS2 emulator on a PC for the next 3-4 years.

Read some articles on www.arstechnica.com before replying to this post.

"emulating" a XBox however, should be relatively simple, given an nVidia-based machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its just a cd/dvd copy program !!
    [Make quality backups of your personal video games. Create your own video game library. Never worry about scratching or losing a video game again!]
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Wow the screensthots on that site really make me want to buy this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's all lies, and you would be a fool to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

This is the gretest load of Boll0x ive ever seen. Does not work. Not possible unless you had a Farm of Pc's. x86 just cant do it and dvdroms cant even read xbox discs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It smells and tastes like spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Looks like bum to me too,

anyway noone should EVER pay for an emu, they are all free for a reason. they are all about as legal as the last Iraq war.

(except MAME which seems to be 'tolerated' for edu-ma-catioal purposes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

What a load of fucking shite!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deep_end

a screenshot ;)
    [URL]http://nachbrenner.pcsx2.net/evangelion.jpg[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

World\'s first Playstation 2 emulator. This is the first PS2 emulator that slowly shows us that commercial games might soon be fully playable! As you might recognize from the name, it was developed by the team behind the PS One emulator PCSX.

It was developed by reverse engineering PS2 demos, which isn't an ideal source for developing an emulator. It simply is far from complete. But at least it's a start, so if you want to have a look, here it is.

Coming along nicely that is but umm its not what you posted originally :d

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Thread locked due to the smell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement