Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from politics extended unfairly.

Options
  • 02-03-2005 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was banned from politics last Wednesday and am supposed to have it removed tomorrow which was fine - I agree with why I was banned. Gandalf asked me to remind him when the ban was done with so I did so then I got a reply saying he has decided to not remove the ban because he doesnt like my general attitude.

I'm a reader of politics and I very rarely post.

Can this be resolved?.

Mark.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I am MAN wrote:
    I'm a reader of politics and I very rarely post.
    Log off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Talliesin wrote:
    Log off.

That is a roundabout way of doing things, I should not have to inconvenience myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Maybe it is fair, because of your general attitude. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THAT!?

Giblet wrote:
    Maybe it is fair, because of your general attitude. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THAT!?

I dont see a problem with my attitude, everyone has opinions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Post up a copy of the PM that you sent to gandalf (or just forward it to me if you don't want to post it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK let me be more precise for you, you are abusive towards other posters.

I have seen examples of that in threads in after hours & PI when I browsed there over the past week. Therefore based on the only contribution I remember you making to politics, the reason for your original ban, your attitude in the PM's exchanged after the ban including the smart arse comment and your contributions to other forums on here I am well within my rights to exclude you from Politics as a potential troublemaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I think your attitude sucks and I'm glad you're not in there.

In fact, I'm revelling in the fact :D

Dont have copy of PM, I clear inbox regularly.

Just leave it so, Im not going to carry out a lenghtly thread over this because judging by your reply it wont go anywhere.

I have never been banned from a thread before last week and it is very easy for you to pick out those and to judge me on but looking a bit further back would be too much effort I would imagine, I've made solid and good contributions to threads for months and months.

Mark.

Well, the PM I was looking for wouldn't have been in your inbox, it would have been in your sent items.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ecksor sending all relevant PM's to you along with examples of this guys attitude. I have enough muppets on Politics without this guy.

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote:
    ecksor sending all relevant PM's to you along with examples of this guys attitude. I have enough muppets on Politics without this guy.

Dont refer to me as a muppet because you know nothing about me other than what other mods have made you aware of over the last week. Keep your ban in place, I could not be bothered to argue it with you to be honest. I still disagree with your decision though.

ecksor wrote:
    Well, the PM I was looking for wouldn't have been in your inbox, it would have been in your sent items.

I havent got the requested ones anymore.

Im guessing it was the one where I askd him how much he got paid to moderate the forum. Light hearted humour(my sense of humour anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I am MAN wrote:
    Im guessing it was the one where I askd him how much he got paid to moderate the forum. Light hearted humour(my sense of humour anyway).

Ah, was that what that was? I was looking at it just now thinking "wtf is he trying to say here?"

I don't see any humour in it myself (I bet gandalf didn't either), but each to their own.

Pretty bad attempt alright.

So what is the closure on this?

I want to delete thread before going to bed because by the time I wake up tomorrow and log on god knows what it might have evolved into when others wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I am MAN wrote:
    I should not have to inconvenience myself.
    "Should" applies only to the directors of Boards Ltd. The rest of us are here on their say so.

Now sure, they wouldn't have much of a site if they took some of the actions that allows for, but the fact remains that they are the only people here with rights. There is no "should".

The closure is that while I think that banning you based on what you did on other forums is verrry iffy, you haven't done yourself any favours by your PM conversation. After all, you were banned for trying to have a poke at people personally and your reaction was to have a poke at gandalf.

What's wrong with the thread evolving? If you didn't want others to comment then you picked the wrong forum to post on.

ecksor wrote:
    The closure is that while I think that banning you based on what you did on other forums is verrry iffy, you haven't done yourself any favours by your PM conversation. After all, you were banned for trying to have a poke at people personally and your reaction was to have a poke at gandalf.

What's wrong with the thread evolving? If you didn't want others to comment then you picked the wrong forum to post on.

Well what will other peoples comments achieve? It is you, other admins and Gandalf who decide plus you have all of the relevant information.

Your swaying towards the initial decision which is understandable but this ban extension, how long ? this is all I want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I am MAN wrote:
    Well what will other peoples comments achieve? It is you, other admins and Gandalf who decide plus you have all of the relevant information.

Your swaying towards the initial decision which is understandable but this ban extension, how long ? this is all I want to know.

That makes sense to me....afterall tis the admins who make the ultimate decisions

• Advertisement

The only reason I posted here was because gandalf told me via PM if I had a problem with the decison I should to go sysem -> feedback.

Well the relevant notice has been taken so I will leave it be but will remember if a similar situation happens again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

my opinion pendulum has swung towards I am MAN's side on this one, unfairly threated i say

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I have not seen 'I am MAN' personal digs so I cannot comment on them but go over to Politics now and you will see plenty of others giving personal digs and general baiting and they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I am MAN wrote:
    Pretty bad attempt alright.
    And the moral is:
    NEVER try to be funny with a mod.
    Not all of them will have a sense of humour, if any.
    But in this case it seems you were banned for a threadbare reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The use of the term 'Old Boys Network' makes me uncomfortable, um-kay? We go by the phrase 'The Conspiracy' as its non-gender specific.

If you keep you head down for a while, I am MAN, and then ask *nicely* for access to the forum again I'm sure you'll get in.

• Advertisement

rkm wrote:
    And the moral is:
    NEVER try to be funny with a mod.
    Not all of them will have a sense of humour, if any.
    But in this case it seems you were banned for a threadbare reason.

I use humour in my personality, why should this change with a mod? They are normal people sitting behind a computer screen like myself.

The comment wasnt meant as a smart ass comment with intent to annoy him and I am sorry if it came across this way.

Advertisement