Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from politics extended unfairly.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I AM MAN :I haven't seen the offending posts but I suggest you take your problem up with Gandalf himself. If you're straight with him I am sure you can resolve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Be careful though, he could turn you into a toad....

He did awful things off screen to those poor hobbits... why do you think they were so short?

At the end of the day, just ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Can I ask why should they be polite? Is it a rule of boards to be polite? Because if it isn't I don't see why they someone should have to change his (genuine) behaviour when asking for a banning to be correctly removed.

And by not polite I don't mean abusive/insulting.

Its just something I noticed since you're always told to ask to be unbanned nicely, what if you're not a nice person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

gandalf fukwit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Sangre wrote:
    Can I ask why should they be polite? Is it a rule of boards to be polite? Because if it isn't I don't see why they someone should have to change his (genuine) behaviour when asking for a banning to be correctly removed. And by not polite I don't mean abusive/insulting.

Indeed, however many people aren't very good at presenting their case without having a bit of a pop. In this case here it was a silly comment about gandalf's payment for his moderation on boards, which as far as I can tell was some reference to how seriously he should take the job. It didn't read very well and didn't do him any favours (and was completely unnecessary).

If someone is contacting me and is very obviously overdoing the politeness it makes me cringe. However, I think the point of people advising politeness here is that it ensures that the poster errs on the side of safety in terms of risking getting the moderator's back up. The one thing that makes me not want to do anything for a user is when the user is apparently taking something for granted and I reckon it's much less likely that I'll read a request in that manner if they're attempting to be polite.
    Its just something I noticed since you're always told to ask to be unbanned nicely, what if you're not a nice person?

Then you're probably not surprised when people react badly to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Gizzard banned from Feedback.

Advertisement