Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fading images in and out in MX

Options
  • 02-03-2005 12:54am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've looked around on google for a tutorial on fading images in and out in flash MX, but I can't seem to find anything that makes sense. I basically have a black text on white background image that fades in over the space of a few frames, very basic I'd imagine but nothing seems to work!

I'm sure I could do this before without having to create 20 images in photoshop, each one a slight variation of the last. I've been away from flash for some time so its still coming back to me at the moment!

any help?

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I can't step through it right now as I'm in the middle of a class, but Google for Alpha Tween :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

make it a symbol, and in the properties area, i think the default it will be set to is color or something, drop down the list, select alpha, and put it to whatever percentage you want, then make a new key frame somewhere along the timeline, select the symbol, and change the percentage of alpha, right click on timeline, create motion tween, then you have it fading from x% to x%

Advertisement