Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate

Options
  • 02-03-2005 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I'd love to set up a Donabate sub-forum. There used to be a great one on donabateportrane.com but it takes days for the moderaters to clear a post, its gone dead. Any other Donabate head out there.

"You can take me away where the water runs clean
    Where the sweet wind blows fresh and the valleys are green
    But still theres no place that I'd rather be
    Than dirty and smelly Donabate by the sea"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

So since no-one seems to be from Donabate, anyone ever been to Donabate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

it's nice for a day trip once a year but wouldn't be spending 400+ on a 3 bed semi there. fresh air and all.

this for 320 http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=ga4&search_type=sale&id=22193

No, just spend €2 on a packet of chips in Pipers takeaway Portrane, the best chips in the Western World.

Leaids, check out www.donabateportrane.com, Donabate's a proper warzone these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I used to live in Donabate and my parents are still there. It's a lovely wee village in fairness, with a great beach. Pity the local pubs are utter sh*te, though.

• Advertisement

Sure at least the Guiness is alright, and Keelings is handy......if you've got a drink problem.

Keelings "dome" lounge is a noisy kip populated by the pretentious and the under-developed. The old bar in there is alright and probably worth a visit. Don't get me started on Smyths pub (on the bridge) - it's an utter joke of a place.

The best pint in Donabate is either in the Turvey Golf and Country Club or the soul-less, lifeless, emotionless bar upstairs in the Community Centre.

Bard wrote:
    soul-less, lifeless, emotionless bar
    I know, I've been working there for years.

Really? The place has only been open since December 2002.

I worked there part time practically from day one, but left within about 6 months.

Is that Niall, this is Paul

• Advertisement

PAUL? OH MY GOD ITS YOU!!!

(yes, it's Niall)

Niall, check out www.donabatecommunityclub.com, its a grand job. Never saw your one, is it still viewable on-line?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

foxybrowne wrote:
    I'd love to set up a Donabate sub-forum. There used to be a great one on donabateportrane.com but it takes days for the moderaters to clear a post, its gone dead. Any other Donabate head out there.

"You can take me away where the water runs clean
    Where the sweet wind blows fresh and the valleys are green
    But still theres no place that I'd rather be
    Than dirty and smelly Donabate by the sea"

Hi foxybrowne,

I own the portrane.com domain name and have after a long time thinking set up a discussion board under the name. I might develop the website for other non-commercial stuff like a photogallery etc. I dont like the way discussions on donabateportrane.com are moderated and i wouldnt be in favour of a heavy handed approach. what ya think? would there be much interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Hi,

just letting everyone who is interested know that a new website for Portrane is now up and running

www.portrane.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

While we talking about Donabate Portrane, St Ita's hospital radio has a new website up at http://hospitalradio.us . There a forum and a community news section that may be of interest to people from the locality.

Whats wrong with keelings BTW just wondering???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mudhoney1988

Could anyone help me find places in Donabate, Portrane and Swords with Live music, as in bands. Don't know about any places, except for traditional music. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Muppet wrote:
    While we talking about Donabate Portrane, St Ita's hospital radio has a new website up at http://hospitalradio.us . There a forum and a community news section that may be of interest to people from the locality.

I listened to it last night...

Drove me mad.

:D

Advertisement