Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland - The Land of broadband stoneage

Options
  • 02-03-2005 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I am going to move to Ireland next month and were thinking of getting broadband. I was actually looking forward to get it, since I'm currently living in "THe most expensive country in the world" Norway, I could imagine me getting killer speed for less.

Just now at home I have a 4 mb down and 780kbs up which is working out to around 80 euros a month.

But what do i find??

128 kbs and 256 kbs in UP SPEED ?? thats not broadband.. And eircom says: SUPER FAST INTERNET ??? .. I'm still looking for it. And whats up with the Download and upload restrictions ???

Ireland should be kick someone in the arse!

I'm actually thinking of not moving to Ireland. I really need a good internet connection (doing backend programming php/mysql) to keep in contact with former clients.

I should have atleast 1mb down and 512 up.. thats minimum, Does anyone even offer that ?. I looked at some business products but even they are like 2 mb down and 128kb up.. <-- and the UP is the bottleneck. ITS like ISDN!..

Come on lets start a company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you are preaching to the converted..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kenped

RuggieBear wrote:
    you are preaching to the converted..... :(

Not Preaching ,, venting :-) LoL

Though you have nice car prices :-) he he he

So its only Smart that has a ok (not talking about the UP speed) connection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i think smart is only available in a few exchanges at the moment.

i live in the middle of dublin (dublin 2) and i can't get any type of broadband

RuggieBear wrote:
    i think smart is only available in a few exchanges at the moment.

i live in the middle of dublin (dublin 2) and i can't get any type of broadband

NO wonder you are a bear,, you need a HUG! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Whereabouts in Ireland would you plan to move to?

You may also want to check out Irish Broadband's business packages here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

For god's sake stay where you are or move to Sweden.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if ur comin here and need a fast reliable connection then i cant think of any country worse than Ireland to move to, stay away from here if you want a stress free, happy broadband internet environment. You can find good services in the UK, France, Holland and any scandinavian country.

For god's sake stay where you are or move to Sweden.

Actually we are higher on the Ranking over countries that have the best internet :-)

Gonzo wrote:
    if ur comin here and need a fast reliable connection then i cant think of any country worse than Ireland to move to, stay away from here if you want a stress free, happy broadband internet environment. You can find good services in the UK, France, Holland and any scandinavian country.

I know it sounds stupied ,but seriously, i'm considering just that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

If you do change your mind and go to another country and not Ireland, do consider emailing our Dept of Enterprise and Dept of Foreign Affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Let me see if I got this right? You're coming here for good broadband and cheap cars? Hahahaha, that's the best I've heard in a long time. What next, quality health care?

Blaster99 wrote:
    Let me see if I got this right? You're coming here for good broadband and cheap cars? Hahahaha, that's the best I've heard in a long time. What next, quality health care?

THen you read wrong.. I'm sitting on at 4mb line now,, in my house!!!,, do you really think I'm going to Ireland ??.. Btw Health care is free in Norway !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Do you have sarcasm in Norway?

Blaster99 wrote:
    Do you have sarcasm in Norway?
    Sarcasm with a topic like this ??? Its broadband we are talking about.. !!

:p OK so I didnt get your sarcasm there :-) but the cheap car bit,, It is cheap in ireland,, except the insurance,, which its strangly high!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Hey Kenped.

Can you help us with pricing of the cheapest broadband in Norway ?

See this thread here.

Advertisement