Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway to London, Paris & Malaga

• 02-03-2005 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Galway Airport Website

Good news if they can make a success of it, though Euromanx still need to get their act together and become an airline rather than a ticket broker.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Galway airport needs to have some serious money spent on it, for the runway lighting and nav systems. It's not uncommon for a plane to have to return to dublin due to low cloud at carnmore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

RJ70 into GWY is tight (BAe Systems data says doable but not whether in 70 or 82 seat - proposed is 82). ATR went offpiste there lately, dunno if RJ is more manoeuverable (sp?). PPRuNe rumours seem dubious about it happening. LCY is a low cost airport by any means and especially for jet aircraft - where's the yield going to come from with FR down the road, Arann into LTN and easyjet up the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

dowlingm wrote:
    - where's the yield going to come from with FR down the road, Arann into LTN and easyjet up the road?

as often happens to me when i fly with low cost carriers, i often spend more on the bus/train into the city than i do on the actual flight

Does London City Airport have a docklands light railway station?
    It is a lot closer to "The City" than the other london airports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Apparently IAA are intrigued as to how an RJ loaded for AGP is going to get out of GWY... among other things.

DLR is being extended but apparently Jubilee line is quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hmmm...I wondered too about RJ's being used in Galway!
    Does London City Airport have a docklands light railway station?

I believe there is a short feeder bus trip involved

• Advertisement
Advertisement