Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished this friday or next?

• 02-03-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Just to settle a week long debate, are lectures finished this friday or next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Its next Friday as far as I know. We were back on Jan 10th, and we get off on March 11th, which I think makes up the 8 weeks of this term :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

It's 9 weeks this year, ending on 11 March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

And we are also back on April 3rd. I really can't wait for this 3 week break. My plan is to do some study but that certainly won't happen! Booze, Booze and more Booze instead for me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

March 11th,are you serious?! :eek:

Geez,I've got six essays due(seven really) by the end of term!

Is that possible? :(

I'll be spending the 3 week break writing a 40 page mini thesis :( Damn final year project! Oh that reminds me, I should go do some work on it instead of posting on boards...

• Advertisement

blondie83 wrote:
    I'll be spending the 3 week break writing a 40 page mini thesis :( Damn final year project! Oh that reminds me, I should go do some work on it instead of posting on boards...

40 page MINI THESIS! What the hell would a full thesis compromise of then? My god my heart goes out to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

40 page MINI THESIS! What the hell would a full thesis compromise of then? My god my heart goes out to you.

Phd thesis can reach 500-600 pages np.

To be fair from those that I have perused they're not exactly 100% original works, so much is based on previous work serving as an intro to the work you've spent three years on - at that stage you've plenty to write about. Still no esay task

uberwolf wrote:
    Phd thesis can reach 500-600 pages np.

To be fair from those that I have perused they're not exactly 100% original works, so much is based on previous work serving as an intro to the work you've spent three years on - at that stage you've plenty to write about. Still no esay task

Oh my f**king god! :eek:

Yeah its true! A normal eng masters or Phd thesis is about 300 pages or so. Kinda makes you appreciate just having to do a little one actually! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

blondie83 wrote:
    Yeah its true! A normal eng masters or Phd thesis is about 300 pages or so. Kinda makes you appreciate just having to do a little one actually! :D

I appreciate nothing. harumph.

I can't wait until the project is finished, and i can settle in for some nice, relaxing panic cramming before the finals...

• Advertisement

Yes its kinda worrying when you're looking forward to "just" having to study!

Advertisement