Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Humour..

• 02-03-2005 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭

No offense to anyone from Limerick..!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

LOL

Good one that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Statistically speaking, that sign is incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Peace wrote:
    Statistically speaking, that sign is incorrect.

No its not.....
    The sign doesnt state what the variable is, therefore it is not incorrect.
    It may represent the fact that Iraq is safer to be if you have an innate fear of meeting Limerick people... this would be correct... statistically speaking :D

lighten up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

whiskeyman wrote:
    No its not.....
    The sign doesnt state what the variable is, therefore it is not incorrect.
    It may represent the fact that Iraq is safer to be if you have an innate fear of meeting Limerick people... this would be correct... statistically speaking :D

lighten up!!!

Good answer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Hey that's hilarious, but i just want everyone to know that Limerick is not some dangerous place that the crime rates are higher in cork galwey and dublin! Limerick is a properous city with alot to offer. But I'm sure Iraq does too. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Looks like a real sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hey that's hilarious, but i just want everyone to know that Limerick is not some dangerous place that the crime rates are higher in cork galwey and dublin! Limerick is a properous city with alot to offer.

LOL!!!!

good one that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

BingoBongo wrote:
    Looks like a real sign
    Eh, it's not.
    There was/is a web site (I can't remember the url) where you could type in a message and it would produce the image above.

The web site is: http://www.ryano.net/iraq/
    but it is "gone forever. deal with it." according to the page.

Info about the page and the urban legend surrounding it:
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/boudreaux.asp

I just got a thump across the head for showing this to a college mate of mine who happens to be from Limerick.

Guess she wasn't impressed!!! hehehehe

Hey that's hilarious, but i just want everyone to know that Limerick is not some dangerous place that the crime rates are higher in cork galwey and dublin! Limerick is a properous city with alot to offer. But I'm sure Iraq does too. lol
    If it wasn't for Dell, Limerick would be nothing!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Dell??? That only has 5,000 people working there! Hell, there's about that amout of job vacancies in the city away. Dell is an asset but it's not a central pinpoint to Limerick. In fact its under a different Council, so it dosent contribute to Limerick city because its just as close to Patickswell!!! If anything was holding Limerick city together i would say it would be shannon development! It is the most properous urban area in europe with the development plan 2004-2022! Limerick has one of the lowest umemployment rates in Ireland, and is considered the richest city in Ireland! It dosent have a problem with homelessness or extreme poverty! Since 2000 the city has become alot more active with with 'Springfest', 'Riverfest' and 'Limerick's Holiday on Ice' fetivals are on going throughout the year. Limerick is a very dynamic and enjoyable city ... and i just ask you not to believe everything the dublin media tells you!!!! See for yourself it's a great place!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

memphis wrote:
    I just got a thump across the head for showing this to a college mate of mine who happens to be from Limerick.

Guess she wasn't impressed!!! hehehehe

youre just lucky there wasnt a blade handy :p

Advertisement